Forums

Help › Forums

Avoiding Legend Status

Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:05 PM (91 replies)
  • Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:03 PM

Hi fellow WGT players,

I am a Tour Master player.  I usually shoot a few under par in 9 holes, and about -4 would be my average for 18 holes.  I have played a few good rounds in the last while and also a few very poor rounds.   They suddenly rank me at a 62...

Its not a huge deal but I cant win anything as is.. I cant contend in tournys, I cant win ready go's, etc.  I just hope WGT doesnt put me as a legend so it becomes even worse.  There are guys who strictly play match play to avoid moving up in status and I dont want that to have to be me.  Furthermore, there are guys who consistently shoot sub 62 scores who clean up all of the tour master tournies.  Wouldn't they have to move up before me?

Any one have any advice on what would happen?  Quite frankly, Im not even sure how this works or if I am even close to them changing me to legend.

thx, Canada15 

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:17 PM

There is no avoiding it now, you will be assimilated.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:24 PM

I find that ridiculous though.  Like I probably just would not play. lol

Im a 62.18 and I maybe have 2 rounds in three years that are under 63.  9 holes i have several rounds of 31 or 32 but those are rare.. surely if i played the back I would not have shot the same score so it is invalid to assume a 31 in 9 holes is a 62 in 18 holes for instance. 

It really isnt right.  BC the same guys (who win all the credits at tour master shooting 55) will remain tour master and I will have to switch.  Somehow they have it figured out. 

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:27 PM

Like I havent won anything.... in the weekly tournys i can barely crack top 100.  Why is my 'AVERAGE' so much lower than others.  I was a 63, beat my buddy by 1 hole who is a legend in match play, and it went down to a 62.  hmmm seems right?

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:28 PM

Canada15:

I find that ridiculous though.  Like I probably just would not play. lol

Im a 62.18 and I maybe have 2 rounds in three years that are under 63.  9 holes i have several rounds of 31 or 32 but those are rare.. surely if i played the back I would not have shot the same score so it is invalid to assume a 31 in 9 holes is a 62 in 18 holes for instance. 

It really isnt right.  BC the same guys (who win all the credits at tour master shooting 55) will remain tour master and I will have to switch.  Somehow they have it figured out. 

Thouse people do and will move up to Legend. WHat happens and happens to alot of us is you max out on X rounds. once you reach X rounds your avg. can only go lower so its going to promote you to legend eventually.

Now on to the Legend stuff, theres nothing wrong with being a Legend or playiing from the back tees, jsut makes the game new again, bit longer some holes but more challanging. If your not woried about winning money etc. its shouldnt matter where you are shooting from, enjoy the game and play the best you can.

Mes.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:33 PM

No its a great game.... Im not complaining.

However, I am not willing to put more money into the game just so i can shoot a decent score from the Legend tees.  I guess that is how they make money but im not willing to buy new clubs, $5 of balls per week, etc just so I can enjoy the game.. lol  id rather just choose to stay at this level because I surely am not bothering anyone. 

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:37 PM

With the clubs I have (which are the only clubs with a slow enough meter for my computer) I do not enjoy those tees.  I shoot over par each time because i cannot reach most greens.  I just dont know why my whole experience has to be ruined if I shoot maybe 3 more good rounds.

My 'average' will lower .1 or .2 if I shoot a 34... I just dont understand how that is reasonable.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:38 PM

Canada15:

No its a great game.... Im not complaining.

However, I am not willing to put more money into the game just so i can shoot a decent score from the Legend tees.  I guess that is how they make money but im not willing to buy new clubs, $5 of balls per week, etc just so I can enjoy the game.. lol  id rather just choose to stay at this level because I surely am not bothering anyone. 

I understand where you coming from, really nothing wrong with putting a few bucks into the game, just like a movie night out or somthing.

But if you dont want to to do some minor upgrades, which btw would be only a Driver the rest is fine, alot of the old time Tour Legends and Legends played with simular equips. ot what you have and managed. Its about knowing your equips. and making the most of it.

Dont let the "Legend" status or back tees take away from your game, its still fun and you would fidn you would score very sim. to waht you do now in a short period of time.

Mes.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:41 PM

Canada15:

My 'average' will lower .1 or .2 if I shoot a 34... I just dont understand how that is reasonable.

Like I was sayin before, once you reach I think its 100 rounds as a TM, but just guessin right now your average can only go down, so any round you score better at then in thouse 100 rounds is replaced with the better score. This can result in your average goign down. Happens in all tiers.

Mes.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:45 PM

Well no I for sure am not putting more money to buy new irons.  Thats where the difference is.  From 200 out I am terrible and that is where all of my 2nd shots would be played from legend...   Driver is fine.  Ive put enough money in for a virtual game.  Surveys are what allow me to purchase balls good enough to have fun from the tour master tees.  I just wish my average was actually my average, or even my handicap.  if i play a few bad rounds (my average rounds) my average should go up...

RSS