Forums

Help › Forums

Avoiding Legend Status

Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:05 PM (91 replies)
  • Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:48 PM

Canada15:

Well no I for sure am not putting more money to buy new irons.  Thats where the difference is.  From 200 out I am terrible and that is where all of my 2nd shots would be played from legend...   Driver is fine.  Ive put enough money in for a virtual game.  Surveys are what allow me to purchase balls good enough to have fun from the tour master tees.  I just wish my average was actually my average, or even my handicap.  if i play a few bad rounds (my average rounds) my average should go up...

I can understand the need for a "Real Aveage", or even rolling average over past "X-Games" but its not like that in this game. The plus side when you hit Legend theres alot more round then TM before that happens, like 500 rounds as a real Average, I am about to hit 500 rounds so soon like you my average will only go down, nature of the game. Dont worry about it get out there and have fun!

Mes.

• Lyrac
    177 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:51 PM

You play 50 ranked stroke play and then your average can only go down. It takes ages to shave off the last increments to 61, which is when you get moved up to Legend.

now though, if you happen to beat a higher tiered player you can get shoved up regardless of your average just because some idiot ( at wgt-see pizza ) thinks you are too good to remain as TM until you yourself have earned legend.

This is suppose to combat sandbagging which it may well do but it also hacks off decent abiding players who wuld rather have got legend the proper way.

whatever happens thoghu youre going up one way or other. Just prey when you get there that you are a real legend and not a cheap plastic one like me

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:51 PM

Canada15:

Like I havent won anything.... in the weekly tournys i can barely crack top 100.  Why is my 'AVERAGE' so much lower than others.  I was a 63, beat my buddy by 1 hole who is a legend in match play, and it went down to a 62.  hmmm seems right?

I hear ya, you are not competing now, what happens with legend.

I understand from reading historical posts, this was not always the case, but for some reason people have this obsession with sandbagging and vehemently complained and asked for changes to the average system. Now honest players all have fake averages, and yet sandbagging continues, and more legend hacks then you can shake a stick at.

But hey, either you suffer with the rest of us, or start another account, your choice. 

I bet the game was better a few years ago when making legend was hard and an accomplishment, now it's just a matter of time.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:53 PM

Ill admit playing the game is fun regardless... But the fun of the game is competing.  I can barely compete with tour masters.   I cant win credits, tournaments or even come close.  My computer does not allow me to use clubs with a fast meter (which all of the really good clubs are).  

I guess ill just have to X out before i shoot my next 33....  

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:00 PM

Canada15:

I guess ill just have to X out before i shoot my next 33....  

Uh huh, but at least the cheerleaders are happy.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:01 PM

ya i guess thats the harsh reality.  they should have some mechanism in place to view whether people are sandbagging or playing the game true.   I surely am not sandbagging in any way.  quite the opposite actually.  I have witnessed the hacks and pros who shoot sub 60. 

id consider myself a 'plastic' tour master.. lol im terrible most rounds.   i couldnt compete with any legend or any other competitor from the legend tees so there will be no point in playing i guess. lol   Shooting 73+ aint fun.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:10 PM

There are a ton of poor playing Legends, it's really no big deal making Legend here, and has nothing to do with ability.

Playing as a Legend is another learning curve that's all. It's not that much harder once you get used to it., and I had those 73+ plus rounds at first, and still do, but I can still card the sub 60 occasionally when WGT lets me.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:19 PM

I just dont feel I should be a poor playing legend if im an average playing tour master.  Just pointless.  Rather play AT my level, not above.  That simple.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:24 PM

Just play Alt or practice games and you'll stay exactly where you are..Andy

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:35 PM

Steve2golf:

There are a ton of poor playing Legends, it's really no big deal making Legend here, and has nothing to do with ability.

Playing as a Legend is another learning curve that's all. It's not that much harder once you get used to it., and I had those 73+ plus rounds at first, and still do, but I can still card the sub 60 occasionally when WGT lets me.

And these poor playing legends will make even poorer playing legends out of 68 avg TMs who beat them in a friendly free scored MP.

RSS