Forums

Help › Forums

lies around the hole

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 3 2012 1:58 AM (4 replies)
  • blaster221
    14 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:24 PM

why is it i land inside of 3 feet some times closer and miss putts in no way should this happen  if i have a tap thats what it should be come on the uneven lies around the are crazy let a tap be a tap already hard enough to get it that close in the first place should have to fight to get it the hole from that close comeon wtg

• McHola
    209 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:30 AM

I had major prob's with that at first. Take the break out and hit it that little bit harder. There's a math equasion for all putts, IMHO it works the longer you are from the hole, but the closer I am to the hole I would add a little yardage to the math equasion.

(not best to do this on downhill putts though)

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 3:23 AM

blaster221:

why is it i land inside of 3 feet some times closer and miss putts in no way should this happen  if i have a tap thats what it should be come on the uneven lies around the are crazy let a tap be a tap already hard enough to get it that close in the first place should have to fight to get it the hole from that close comeon wtg

Some of the holes here have wild breaks right at the hole. # 2 at St. Andrews is a good example of this. Are you saying that you have never missed a short putt in real life because the break at the hole was so wild that you just missed it?? Even the best miss those at times. 

• blaster221
    14 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:57 PM

yes i have missed short putts but i talking about a tap in so close it should not   break  if  u take ur time u should not miss those putts  i was on whistler and missed a putt from 1.5 feet

• McHola
    209 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 1:58 AM

1.5ft with a mahusive side break will.......(wait for it)........ break...!  (e) dead weight

Learn from each putt you miss blaster.  (I should take heed of this)  lol

ATB Mac

RSS