Forums

Help › Forums

Doc's Unified Theory of VEM Influence and Subsequent Gameplay

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 7 2012 8:53 AM (25 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:23 PM

Its my turn ,,  Not VEM  , But sorta like IRL  ,,  Some days it is hot and Dry and the greens play fast and you had 1 to many the night befor ,  The next day it rained and the greens are a tiny bit slower and the course did not get a mowing and the sand is wet .

It is not the game or the meter or the clear the flash !

It is   "  The Monsters from the ID  "  ( Name the movie and actor and win a prize )

OPY   iaaRft

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:01 PM

Yes I have commented many times on this subject. The VEM/ deviation is a pain in the butt to many players. I think it safe to say, that all the players want is a fair game. I dont complain if or when I hit a bad shot. But when the game forces me to have bad shots, now we have a problem. I usually dont have meter problems, until I start playing well. Once I start birding holes, then here come the meter spikes and stutters. I also notice the false wind reads and green reads when putting. There are many complaints on this topic , but until W.G.T. starts listening to the players , the problems will remain. I think that during the next chat session, players need to talk more about this issue instead of about the Country Clubs. We need to demand more that something be done about the Vem, instead of whats going to be added to the pro shop. Happy Swinging

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:20 PM

For me it is primarily the increase in wind value and wind deviation that bothers me. IRL we have calm days and windy days and everything in between. If we DO have a windy day we STILL rarely have the kind of the day where the wind gusts down to zero or up to 30 DURING THE SHOT.

I'm all for deviation. It's the only thing that keeps you from hitting into the very same square inch every time, because the trajectory is a formula derived from physics. Plug in the same values time after time, you get the same exact result. Consequently, you need to deviate either the coefficients or the answer. No problemo.

All I ask is that ridiculous things be handled. Don't tell me there aren't bugs. Check this replay (I did this on purpose after accidentally discovering it while trying to measure the elevation on several parts of the green other than the hole).

gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON=%257B%2522GUID%2522%253A%2522218a7183 7cd5 4e15 b159 a0d8000e7709%2522%252C%2522Brand%2522%253A%2522%2522%257D

• whitloww
    681 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:38 PM

I kind of agree with all of the posts,will someone who is shooting in the mide 50,s please let me know if the same happens to you.

whtloww

• SDslacker
    19 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:07 PM

I think the movie was Forbidden Planet and I believe it was Leslie Nielsen who said it.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:30 PM

The deviations I inflict upon my self should be enough.lol

I don't need help  from WGT

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 6:42 AM

I'm with ya, Nav. When I totally blow the shot, I will accept the outcome. When a dinged shot middle of fairway, with a 21mph wind straight down the middle, comes off the driver going dead right out of bounds, lost Nike, then that is un- acceptable. Should be a pop up, Warning!! This shot will cost you $1.50.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:59 PM

SDslacker:

I think the movie was Forbidden Planet and I believe it was Leslie Nielsen who said it.

Got he first part right , but not who said it .

OPY  iaaRft

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:18 PM

Forbidden Planet, I think the Doc said it to Leslie Nielsen. Warren Stevens ?

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:23 PM

Ffudd:
    Warren Stevens

Yes Sir

OPY  iaaRft

RSS