Help › Forums

Hello to all.

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 24 2013 7:39 AM (8 replies)
  • MegaCreampie
    3 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:50 PM

Hello to all.

I'm rather new to the world of WGTbeta. I'm having fun so far, it's interesting. Definitely a change from the console version of Tiger Woods PGA tour etc. TO any of the verterans is there specific links etc. that you would recommend going to for free credits. Preferably ones that you don't have to sign up or in etc. And ones that you don't have to buy or download anything? i'm at lvl. 22 with 80 credits and my original equipment and let me tell you it definitely adds a certain degree of difficulty to my game having the same crappy equipment. Have fun and may your swings stay true.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:31 PM

welcome aboard!

-wgticon

• MegaCreampie
    3 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:03 PM

Thank you.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:20 AM

check your bag - sent you some cheap balls - these will slow your swing meter down for you have fun on the greens and welcome to the neighborhood !!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:59 AM

Welcome to the best computer golf game. As for free credits I personally do surveys and video views and I did these for a year accunulating credits. I used the starters clubs in that year and with hindsight wish I upgraded much earlier! As you say, the starters clubs are not much chop, but you can still score well with practice on the easier courses and from tees Tour Pro and under.

However as this has been the season of goodwill, you now have two new Ping wedges which should help your game. All you need to do is equip your bag and practice, and practice, then practice a lot more!

Most importantly have fun.

Alan

• MegaCreampie
    3 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 2:28 PM

@bypass07 and alanti.

Thank you both for the gifts they are helping a lot though it's hard getting used to the E-Z stroke feature. Next stupid question how does one go about sending someone a gift. Say I would like to send you both something in return for giving me something, or if I wanted to send someone in my friends list a gift how does that work. I've searched through the forums, and throughout the site and haven't found anything on it. Thanks again for the help and the gifts.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:53 PM

You are welcome and I hope you are finding the wedges not to hard (I see one in your bag but should be two - you may need to edit your equipment again).

Some advice is to ditch the E-Z swing clubs and move to the starters irons. Yes it takes getting used to but to really learn the game it is a must.

Gifting is done via the pro shop, so instead of buying an item for yourself you give the item as a gift (and as far as I am concerned it was my pleasure and no reciprocation is expected or required).

I am happy to have a round with you and give any advice you may want to know (or at least I can attempt to) if I am on.

Enjoy the game!

• jacktbaldwin
    16 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 8:36 PM

I've been playing for a month or so and love the game, I just began playing my mid irons on ez swing, not sure how I got there and not sure I like it, hard getting used to it.  any suggestions or tips??? t hanks in advance

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 7:39 AM

Hi Jack,

Totally understandable you not liking your ez swing iron set while getting a feel for and timing your swings with the rest of your equipment.  Replace that ez swing iron set ASAP.  Maybe while editing your equipment or by some glitch they were selected again. 

Go back to the edit equipment window (select equipment/edit equipment from your profile or change equipment in the game client window).  Click on any of the irons in the "required clubs" section and de-select the ez swing set.  Now find ANY other iron set in your available equipment, drag it in place and save changes.

At your level you should be ok with your starter clubs for a while.  When you think you need to upgrade your equipment, use the search box in the forum (e.g. "upgrade equipment" or "buying clubs") to find lots of good advice for what to use and when.

Welcome and enjoy!

-Keith

RSS