Forums

Help › Forums

Hardware & WGT game play

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:20 AM (27 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:51 AM

been playin' off my 17" laptop since joining .. basic duo core 2,27Ghz, 3 Gig Ram, basic "mid-range" NVidia GeForce  9600M GS graphics card ..

the game rendering on my 17" screen looks a bit pixelated when it comes to the avatar and basically everything else rendered onto the HD courses .. balls, clubs, etc ..

just wondering what the experience of other players is using higher end hardware and playing off larger screens ..

reason i ask is cause i just bought a higher end desktop with following specs (still waiting for it though) & wondering it might improve the actual game play experience and visual quality overall:  3rd gen i5 quadcore @ 3.2ghz, 8 Gig DDR-Ram, 1 Gig Asus Extreme EAH 6850 Graphics Card & 24" LED HD screen ..

mostly hoping that the larger screen & higher end graphics card will make for better experience ?

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 4:17 AM

I wouldn't expect too much progress. Your current (soon to be former) laptop already is strong enough for playing a flash game like wgt. Certainly if you are running windows xp on the laptop and now move to windows 7 or 8 for your new PC, you even might be off worse. Soon you'll know.

R.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:05 AM

chris5214:
    the game rendering on my 17" screen looks a bit pixelated when it comes to the avatar and basically everything else rendered onto the HD courses .. balls, clubs, etc

Has it always been like this? I have a similar laptop with 4GB RAM and is all I have ever used to play. The avatar and everything else is as sharp as the HD scenery. I use the the "Best" setting in the Game Options.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:10 AM

I'm running a 17" laptop too.  What Flash Quality are you running in your game options.  It sounds to me as if you are using the Low setting?  If so try using High or Best settings.  Balls, avatars and clubs look pixelated with rough edges in the Low setting on my laptop.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 6:11 AM

i use high settings under game options .. i just thought that perhaps the rendered environment on the HD courses with my laptop looks less than perfect due to my card or perhaps my screen resolution which maxes at 1440 x 900 ..

anyway, thx for replies .. will see what it looks like on new pc ..

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 6:16 AM

YankeeJim:

chris5214:
    the game rendering on my 17" screen looks a bit pixelated when it comes to the avatar and basically everything else rendered onto the HD courses .. balls, clubs, etc

Has it always been like this? I have a similar laptop with 4GB RAM and is all I have ever used to play. The avatar and everything else is as sharp as the HD scenery. I use the the "Best" setting in the Game Options.

yeah Jim, pretty much .. even on high settings .. it's not unsightly or anything .. just less defined to what i'm used to i guess .. compared to other high def games .. for example, with flag animation on & in putting reverse view close to the hole, the flag animation is kinda atrocious ..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:06 AM

chris5214:
    perhaps my screen resolution which maxes at 1440 x 900 ..

FWIW, Mine is at 1280 x 800. Maybe drop down to that and see what happens?Also, that lame zoom function in the game causes that situation if I use it. I play in the F11 full screen.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:13 AM

Cant comment on how much better the game will "play" with the new rig, but visually you should see a vast improvement.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:09 AM

sixkiller:

Cant comment on how much better the game will "play" with the new rig, but visually you should see a vast improvement.

yeah i guess that's what i'm really after .. the courses are already gorgeous on my current set-up .. hopin' that the high def larger screen will make the beauty of these courses really pop, since that's the closest i'll ever get to 'em .. lol

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:41 AM

Chris, if you right click on the game client window and select Quality does it say High?  Just wondering.  The game settings and flash window settings don't always agree.  If I set the quality in game settings the window matches, if I set the quality in the flash window the game settings don't always match.  Seems the game client updates Flash but Flash doesn't update the game client s/w.

RSS