Forums

Help › Forums

Clearing cache

Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:35 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • timmykl
    7 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:49 AM

I have thought for along time, that clearing may cache ( I use google chrome, ie 9 ) was as simple as going to the menu for that browser and deleting it from there. I have found this is NOT true !!

With chrome if you type in you browser google://cache and click on it you will see what i am talking about. I am not so sure as of now, what to do with ie 9. I think if you type in your browser its name +://cache you can find out what to do.

I use a separate cleaner on my computer ( ccleaner , yes this is the name. Yes it is  free. I have the version from filehippo,com)

If you choose to use this program be aware the first time will take some time, and you will be surprised to see what is cleaned.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:15 AM

timmykl:
    I have thought for along time, that clearing may cache ( I use google chrome, ie 9 ) was as simple as going to the menu for that browser and deleting it from there.

Here is a very comprehensive guide to clearing your cache. If you want to try this and you have any questions, let me know :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:00 PM

timmykl:
    was as simple as

........Pressing CTRL/SHIFT & DELETE on any browser.

timmykl:
    ccleaner

An excellent program. I use it once a week.

It also has a good area within the TOOLS section 'Startup'

here you can see everything that starts when you boot into windows.

disable the things you dont NEED every time windows starts and enjoy a faster system and a better WGT swing meter.

Shine on... .  .   .

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:05 PM

I bought ascPRO for ten bucks, ain't looked back since.

All that free gamebooster and cccleaner crap ain't worth a fart.

That comprehensive cache guide does not have Pale Moon or Rockmelt  or Maxthon3 Pizza.

Stay Fresh

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:37 AM

SHRUDE:
    ........Pressing CTRL/SHIFT & DELETE on any browser.

Shrude, I did that and nothing seemed to happen ? Does it just clear auto, or should it tell me it's clearing ? ty.. Andy

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 4:40 AM

oneeyedjohn:

oh believe me GameBooster makes HUGE difference on my system .. day & night

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:29 AM

alcaucin:
    Shrude, I did that and nothing seemed to happen ? Does it just clear auto, or should it tell me it's clearing ? ty.. Andy

It should take you to the page in the browser settings where you choose to clear certain items. This is what pops up for me............

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:16 AM

Tx Jim, found it..you click on the 'smiley face' in maxthon.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:32 AM

oneeyedjohn:

No experience with gamebooster, but ccleaner is a fine tool, even recommended by IT professionals.

R.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:01 AM

john  how can u say cc cleaner isnt worth a fart.lol,  better than  paying 10 buxs mate ,so whos the fart now.  lmao.

• PAGES
RSS