Forums

Help › Forums

Clearing cache

Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:35 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:21 AM

Tell me more about this "gamebooster" please.  Where did you download it, etc... edit: I use maxthone 3 if that makes any difference.  TIA!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:33 AM

IRISHPUNK:
    Tell me more about this "gamebooster" please.

Type the word "gamebooster" in the address bar and this is the first link you get..........

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Then type the same word in the forum search box and start reading.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:22 AM

YankeeJim:

IRISHPUNK:
    Tell me more about this "gamebooster" please.

Type the word "gamebooster" in the address bar and this is the first link you get..........

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Then type the same word in the forum search box and start reading.

Yeah, i downloaded this.  It seemed to automatically load (similar to skype) when the computer is starting up.  Does this mean that it is active or do I have to activate it some other way?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:56 PM

Yeah , I paid 10 bux alright, but it does far more than just clean up ur system.

It truly does set up ur m/c for gaming.

With Gamebooster it kept closing down Utorrent when I didn't want it too, so pretty pointless having it on.

Yes Irish, U have to switch boost on/off manually, it is not automatic, but it always sits in ur system tray, just right click the red icon.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 7:35 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Yeah , I paid 10 bux alright, but it does far more than just clean up ur system.

It truly does set up ur m/c for gaming.

With Gamebooster it kept closing down Utorrent when I didn't want it too, so pretty pointless having it on.

Yes Irish, U have to switch boost on/off manually, it is not automatic, but it always sits in ur system tray, just right click the red icon.

I've downloaded it and it has some generic games already loaded (such as hearts, etc..) but i can't "add" WGT as a game.  Any help (and im not computer savy, btw) would be appreciated.  

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:24 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    bought ascPRO for ten bucks

Whatever that is.

oneeyedjohn:
    free gamebooster and cccleaner crap ain't worth a fart.

I wouldnt touch GameBooster but CCleaner is brilliant, you can pay for a Pro version if that makes you feel a bit better?

All Gamebooster does is what you can to manually in CCleaner.

If you dont know what game booster is doing and how it works, i wouldnt be using it.
    I tried it, I think it changed 2 or three things because my system was pretty clean and free of 'start up clutter' anyways.

oneeyedjohn:
    That comprehensive cache guide does not have Pale Moon or Rockmelt  or Maxthon3 Pizza.

PaleMoon = Firefox

Rockmelt = Chrome

CTRL/SHIFT & DELETE for ANY browser.

alcaucin:
    Shrude, I did that and nothing seemed to happen ?

Make sure your browser is in focus, click on the title bar or somewhere blank and then do it.

It works on Max3 - i use it , but I have Max3  clearing everything on exit anyway.

• PAGES
RSS