Forums

Help › Forums

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:27 AM (34 replies)
  • alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 3:08 AM

Rockitch:
    No idea if Win7 and 8 allow you to start for example firefox portable (or any other browser) in windows xp compatibility mode, but if allowed, it really could be a problem solver..
    It's not that transparent in Win7, "check compatibility problems" is all I can see, no selections.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 3:22 AM

My problem (joy actually, but not in this context) is I don't have windows 7 nor 8, but HERE it's all explained by mr. microsoft himself, for windows 7 users. I see windows 7 users might need to install XP mode first, before they can use it.

THIS is ms again, now for windows 8 users. Here's the important part...

Apply a compatibility mode

If you know the compatibility mode that your app needs to run, here is how to apply it:

1. From Start, enter the name of the app you want to run in compatibility mode, and in the search results list, swipe down or right-click to select the app, and choose Open file location.

2. In File Explorer, swipe down on the app or right-click it, and choose Properties.

3. In the Properties dialog, choose the Compatibility tab.

4. Select the compatibility mode and other options you want to apply, and then click OK.

GL, drop a reply if it helped (or didn't). @ OP, no intention of hijacking your topic, just trying to be helpful.

R.

PS @ Senec: Wise words. +1. I myself am still in the stage of excitement, tiering and leveling up towards the right clubs and then legend tier.... no boredom here yet.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 3:37 AM

Rockitch:
    In the Properties dialog, choose the Compatibility tab.
    This is available by default - my bad.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:14 AM

ty guys for helping had a game last nite meeter was better i have a theory .

when i play during the day here meeter is always crap when i play at nights its better my area is well knowing for crap internett connection so at nights all the offices and work place comps will be off . but then at nights here is americas buisy time so more people on wgt buisy servers my meeter defintly better at nights and early mornings does a slow connection make a difference ty all for your help much appreciated tys.

• CROWBAR2012
    167 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:27 AM

A slow or bad connection will most certainly cause issues with the meter as well as anything that may be running in the back ground of your system. I run gaming program to keep anything from running while I play and if I begin to have a problem, I look to my modem and if all its indicators are lit properly, I'll run a speed test and find there is some noise in the line. Then I just reset and check all the connections and its usually fine after that.

I would guess 85% of the time, a meter issue is on the users end, and the other 15% are those occasions where the WGT servers are overloaded.

Best of Luck,

CROW

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:40 AM

Ok ... Firstly...Not all versions of windows 7 have XP compatibility mode, Only Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate. And as far as I have read Windows 8 doesn't have this feature anymore.

Ok for you folks that want to play with doing this, providing you have an acceptable version of Windows, there is a much simpler way of enabling the XP compatibility mode. Simply right click on your program Icon, go to the compatibility tab and change it in that tab...

For chits and giggles I tried it on my browsers and it made the video and meter choppier. That's is not to say on others systems it may help. Still and all Windows compatibility mode is meant for some obsolete programs to be able to run utilizing a  virtualisation engine in Vista and Windows 7.

I did get a tid bit from another thread, thanks to Infinito, and installed a ramdisk, wrongly thought of on my part, utilizing it for my browser cache. It made a considerable difference in the browser speed and and video on my system creating an even smoother graphics and meter. Food for thought on this one folks.

BTW...the program I used to create a ram Disk is AMD Radeon Ramdisk...It is a freeware or purchase and very simple to use. To utilize it for your Browser...Type About:config in your HTTP:// search.... locate where your browser is storing your cache and change the location to the drive letter set up by the Ramdisk software.

software downloads.php

Creamer...sorry don't mean to hijack your thread....Most of us wish we had your average and ability to score well. I know you have had a lot of problems and hopefully you get them ironed out. I think from time to time we all lose some of our enthusiasm for this game or need to take breaks. Wgt would sorely lose an excellent player if you hung it up, so here's hoping you don't.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:47 AM

I'll take those rounds all day long. After only 8 months on here, I would say your just burned out. You have set the bar way to high for it just to be fun. Expecting to shoot all 26-27 rounds is way beyond reasonable. I have not broke 30 since making Legend in May. Try something to make it fun again. Just a suggestion, not being critical in any way, shape, or form. You are beyond an awesome player. 95% of the other members on here, would give their right arm for your rounds.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:23 AM

as the reformed forum troll has said 

IE7, 8 whatever is good to download a real browser

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:43 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    Ok for you folks that want to play with doing this, providing you have an acceptable version of Windows, there is a much simpler way of enabling the XP compatibility mode. Simply right click on your program Icon, go to the compatibility tab and change it in that tab...

.... euhm, I believe we are talking about the same....

Ramdisk tip could be a good one too I recon.... trying it right now.....Bummer.... not for windows xp. But I found this one, which does run under win xp.

R.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:49 AM

ty guys for your replys much appreciated tys i done a disk defrag thingy took ages to do it seems to be better now loading up quicker aswell ty all for your help much appreciated ty all.

RSS