Forums

Help › Forums

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 15 2012 7:27 AM (34 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:04 PM

You might try GBoost from Gzero.com it works very well to help with meter issues and over all loading of the game.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:10 PM

ty e1 for your replys and trying 2 help me i find g boost makes my meeter even worse it starts sticking when thats on ive played this game on a custom built pc with intel i7  proccessor 16 gb ram costing the guy £2500 pound sterling and meeter was still crap my laptop is i3 proccesor 6 gb ram i think im on a permanent loasing battle. heck even if bill gates made me 1 it would still suck.     ty all once again tys.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:32 PM

If you havent already, try safari browser. The new flash works great for me. Check cpu usage. Close any programs on start up that you do not need to run. Game booster works better for me. CCCleaner is also good. Hate to see you quit. Keep trying.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:22 PM

creamer444:
    ty e1 for your replys
    Mind some for me about your laptop?

- which operating system?

- which browser type?

- which flash version? (right click on "PLAY NOW")

- cable mouse or wireless?

• senec
    252 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:30 PM

Not one round over 30 in december...I don't understand;Is it just me?

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 4:35 PM

windows 7 mireless mouse  chrome 11 5 502 135 ty for helping much appreciated

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 6:42 PM

creamer444:

windows 7 mireless mouse  chrome 11 5 502 135 ty for helping much appreciated

I went back to my hard wired mouse with my lap top and it seems to help here,,Plus the batteries were a pain sometimes..

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:23 PM

Yes, hard wired mouse may be better. They are less than 10 € here.

With Chrome, there may be conflicting Flash versions.

Type "about:plugins" in the browser command line and make sure only one version is active, and any "pepper flash" version should be deactivated.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 10:43 PM

I don't want your Profile... I would like your Average though, Pls pass it on.....lol

Hang in there, This game is the best and it can also be the worst....lol. That's why we all play it :)

The game will send you a message if you have the Pepper Flash File Running.

Just Keep Smiling :)

-Roger

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 2:07 AM

Oldbayrunner:

Rock...The link you provided is for running older or obsolete  programs in compatibility mode for windows Vista, 7 or now 8...It isn't for browsers.

Without going too much into technical details....sometimes things have uses they may or may not have been designed for originally. That's not the point of discussion. If I were hopeless about meter issues and had tried anything in the book, I'd really give it a go. No idea if Win7 and 8 allow you to start for example firefox portable (or any other browser) in windows xp compatibility mode, but if allowed, it really could be a problem solver... at least in theory, which we are not going in too deep right now... for that discussion would take a whole lot longer than the 1 minute you need to try this. FGS :), typing it takes me a whole lot longer already...

So, whoever wants to give it a go, right click the shortcut you start your browser with and look for some "Compatibility"-tab or whatever rather similar it's called in Win7/8. If it's not on the shortcut, open your windows explorer and go to the executable that starts your browser (location can be found by right clicking the shortcut) and right click it. 

In windows XP I have no problem starting my browser in a different compatibility mode, my guess is Win7/8 will allow this as well. In xp it looks like this, when I right click FirefoxPortable.exe (and click "Compatibility"):

Troubled Windows 7and/or 8 users best try the "windows xp" setting first.

If it doesn't help, it doesn't hurt. Easy to undo the changes yourself again, just by unchecking the box (and clicking "Apply" or "OK").

R.

RSS