Forums

Help › Forums

crazycorey44 solutions

Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:28 AM (1 replies)
  • crazycorey44
    161 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:04 PM

Print this off so it is easier to follow.

Here are a few tips on MAXTHON.com browser. It seems to have eliminated all my meter problems and has great graphics on full screen.

Go to control panel, programs and features, and uninstall Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Plugins

Search for maxthon.com and download the maxthon 3 free download

Install Adobe Flash Player when it gives you the option, I did NOT check mark the McAfee Security Scan Plus

Press run when it appears, may have to click on small box at the bottom left of page. Don't import anything from any other browser like favorites or bookmarks.

Use your IE 9 or other browser if you don't have IE 9 for all other things besides WGT.

If it didn't give you the option to install Adobe Flash Player during the installation, go to the WGT News, and on the 3rd, 4th, or 5th page you will find the Adobe Flash Player download, I did NOT check mark the McAfee Security Scan Plus.

Go to your email and verify Maxthon.

Click on the blue smiley face square once u are in maxthom browser at the top left and click on options.

Under general, open on startup - checkmark home page, type in whatever you want your home page to be, www.wgt.com is a good one, mine is www.google.com, check keep maxthon as default browser

Under web content in the options u can make the zoom bigger by typing in like 120% or whatever u want it to be, and UNCHECK video popup if it is checked

Now go to advanced and UNCHECK popup message, those get annoying

The rest should be ok the way it is set, you can do what u want to set it up like u want it.

To get the full screen, either go to the blue square and click on full screen or press F11, to get out of full screen move your cursor to the top center of page and it will open a window to click on. i only use full screen when i am on the game page.

This is to CLEAN your pc so your meters will work better and your games will load faster, I do this every 2 games I play

1. Right click on screen once you are in WGT, Left click on global settings, Left click on delete all, Left click on delete data, then X out of that page, this will clean up all Adobe flash caches and files
    2. Right click on screen while you are in WGT - Left click on settings - click on middle pic at the bottom and slide that bar over to 10MB of storage instead of 100KB, that will allow your flash player to work better without getting too full and overloading, then click the on 2nd pic at the bottom - click on deny - then click on close. 
    3. This is for MAXTHON.com browsers, others may vary. click on clear browser history in the blue smiley face square at the top left, and check all boxes, then click ok, Internet Explorer 9 will be under tools/internet options
    4. Go to the control panel - click on JAVA - click on settings under temp int files - click on delete files - then ok - wait 10 seconds - click on restore defaults - wait 5 seconds - then ok - then apply - then ok
    5. While you are in control panel - go to performance info and tools - click on Open Disk Cleanup - check all boxes - click ok - click delete files
    6. Close all windows that are open, go to control panel - performance info and tools and click on advanced tools, then click on open disk defragmenter then defrag disk, may take awhile the first few times you do this, after you have done this a few times it won't take so long, mine takes 3 minutes, RESTART your pc once it is finished. you only need to do the defrag once every 3 days, the other stuff i do every 2 games i play. The defrag works like a library with books that are out of place, it puts the files back into the correct place on your pc.
    7. When in a game, close out your main WGT page, you don't need it open while playing a game. It will help to have it closed to speed up the loading of your game page. Turn your LOOP off too. RIGHT click on your mouse and then uncheck LOOP by LEFT clicking on it.
    Hope this helps everyone with their game play.

• brooksnelson
    41 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:28 AM

Thanks a real lot big guy

RSS