Help › Forums

WGT Community page..

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:57 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:54 AM

Everytime I go to the WGT Community page I see the players in the "Community spotlight" and I wonder how they got there.. Random selection ?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:02 AM

Scott2mee:

Everytime I go to the WGT Community page I see the players in the "Community spotlight" and I wonder how they got there.. Random selection ?

Hi

yes,  entirely random and it changes every few hours or so.

-wgticon

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:24 AM

in that case half the players on here are sandbaggers.

anytime i look 2 out of the 4 seem to be sandbaggers/multi accounters

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:02 PM

WGTIcon- you may want to get together with the programmers and then retract your statement. They have placed tight parameters on the decision making program that limits the selections to a select few members.

Otherwise the exact same accounts that show no activity for well over a year and were obviously the accounts of multi-accounters and/or sandbaggers would not be showing up every few days. The selection process is NOT random and you should know better than to claim that it is.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:49 PM

srellim234:
    The selection process is NOT random and you should know better than to claim that it is.

It's random, but only selecting between IDs, who have lower than some WGT assigned threshold avg for their tier. For example, an amateur is only eligible for selection if his avg is lower than 62, a legend will only make the "news", if his avg is lower than 57, etc. Of course, those numbers are not factual, they're just an example, how IMO things work.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 2:03 PM

PUHOLINO:
    It's random, but only selecting between IDs, who have lower than some WGT assigned threshold avg for their tier. For example, an amateur is only eligible for selection if his avg is lower than 62, a legend will only make the "news", if his avg is lower than 57, etc. Of course, those numbers are not factual, they're just an example, how IMO things work.

It's not random then.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:26 PM

Ok so.. you all were right and I was wrong.

There is some randomness but also some criteria that we are looking for. Some of it is obscure and I don't even understand and other is something like saving a replay or uploading avatar within last 24 hours.

-wgticon

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 4:05 PM

Steve442:

PUHOLINO:

It's not random then.

Well, it's random within the group of people that qualify, lol. But that's a semantics issue.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 4:12 PM

How about highlighting good honest players who aren't hacks with a 58 avg  . . . it just highlights how easy it is to manipulate this game . .

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 4:45 PM

WGTicon:

Ok so.. you all were right and I was wrong.

There is some randomness but also some criteria that we are looking for. Some of it is obscure and I don't even understand and other is something like saving a replay or uploading avatar within last 24 hours.

-wgticon

a baby step in the right direction !! when you know the truth in it's entirety please enlighten us. stay classy !!

• PAGES
RSS