Forums

Help › Forums

Suggestions about making friends and finding a game?

Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:55 AM (6 replies)
  • Phredrows
    44 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:13 PM

I have been playing WGT since October and have really enjoyed figuring out how to play. Does anyone have suggestions about ways to make friends and find ways to play?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:35 AM

Joining a busy country club would be a good first move.

• swh67
    1,491 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:59 AM

yep, country club for starters....multi games are good as well , alt shot and skins...u can just ask while playing..or surf the country club names and search around ...u can use the tabs for a pacific country etc

http://www.wgt.com/forums/18550.aspx

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 1:58 AM

Let me propose to play multiplayer games and make friends to ev1 who is friendly (there's a little "+" next to the names for that purpose).

Play matches, strokeplay, blitz and skin to your liking, think of a good time & good company rather than of scores or winning. Do your best to finish the games - quitters have no friends.

Avoid challenges - money spoils friendliness.

Eventually, you'll have a choice of friends to chose for games from the list.

• Phredrows
    44 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I am in a country club but they don't seem to be doing anything. Since I'm new at this I'm not quite sure how to proceed. Your encouragement pushes me forward and I will see what I can find. Thanks!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:33 AM

You can bring life to your CC, though it may be quite a task with 11 members!

Post in their forum that you wanna play, make friend with those who played recently. Ask the owner for permission to create tournaments - this works for all members but some owners are reserved...

And in case you're riding a dead horse, dismount.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2012 12:55 AM

Reading your Post, I've just sent you friends request :)

-Roger

RSS