Help › Forums

New Balls please......Niv.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 19 2010 7:15 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:25 PM

Yes Wimbledon is just around the corner but they can shove their tennis balls neatly up King Roger's behind for all I care.

I would like to make a suggestion to WGT as a way that they can say thank you to all of their loyal customers. You know the sort, the chaps and ladies who keep however many employees there are in a job and without whom, the venture capitalists would have moved on to some poor, under performing automobile company with a fiery union to contend with. It is these good people, the members not the union, that deserve a bit of thanks and appreciation via a small gift ;^)

Tonight I was metered at the 2nd at Kiawah, lovely. Lost ball in the pond. My first metering in ages it has to be said but a pain nonetheless. Next up, another metering at the 3rd tee. Ball into the weeds, adios, au revoir, ttfn. two gone in two holes. Fortunately the nice lady at my anger management classes has urged me to turn any negative into a positive. Not wanting to let down a lady, I immediately thought......

"You know what? WGT should, once a year, give active members half a dozen free balls by way of a thanks for all the meterings throughout the year" Wouldn't that be a great gesture from a company that cares? They may have to economise on the chocolate biscuits for a week and perhaps unscrew every second lightbulb in the office for a similar period but what a wonderfully peaceful time of it they'd have for a fortnight.

Niv I expect you to take this suggestion straight to the top and you can even pretend it's your idea if you like ;^)

I'll be hanging up two Christmas stockings this year and I wont be happy with a tangerine and some feckin nuts.

ps Mine are Gi-SDs (clapping smilie) 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:32 PM

tiffer, you've been here long enough to know how to optimize your WGT experience. With $1400 in earnings, I don't think your hurting for golf balls. I'll give you an "A" for effort though.  : )

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:38 PM

Thank you Richard, I have posted this with my tongue firmly in my cheek and a firm belief of if you don't ask, you don't get.

I have to say my connection in the last 10 days has been excellent but that has more to do with me upgrading my pc than anything to do with optimizing.

Do you think they'd cough up for my anger therapy instead of a few sleeves? ;^)

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:57 PM

tiffer67:

I'll be hanging up two Christmas stockings this year and I wont be happy with a tangerine and some feckin nuts.

lol   thx  for the good laugh.

I second the suggestion    though,   got a gift of 2 sleves from a good friend just yesterday  and am down to 2 balls now   due to meter,  lagg ,  and of course brain fart,  soo  I like the idea.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:11 PM

I believe we now only need one other member to back this and WGT have to comply ;O)

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:17 PM

lmao  lets hope not,   chaos would ensue!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:20 PM

For someone with anger management issues, your handling it very well. However, your right. You don't get, if you don't ask.  : )

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 11:00 PM

Richard4168:

For someone with anger management issues, your handling it very well. However, your right. You don't get, if you don't ask.  : )

Yes but Henry the VIII, my cat, is such a nervous creature :O)

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 6:02 PM

tiffer67:

Richard4168:

Yes but Henry the VIII, my cat, is such a nervous creature :O)

Ill back this motion just to see as i to think if you ask you shall receive.

LOL CSC

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 10:13 PM

tiffer67:
    "You know what? WGT should, once a year, give active members half a dozen free balls by way of a thanks for all the meterings throughout the year" Wouldn't that be a great gesture from a company that cares?

LOL.   I'd take a couple of sleeves as a slap squarely in the face for all the balls I have lost in a year.  My record was 13 lost balls in one DAY!  No way to count but I believe I am probably approaching 300 lost balls due to meter issues in a close to a year.  That said I have logged 2000+ rounds that I actually finished and have probably WD from at least 200 tourneys because my POS computer and the lovely meter.

• PAGES
RSS