Help › Forums

Need a break ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:08 AM (22 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:37 AM

If ...

1. You feel like you are not advancing on achievements.
    2. You feel like your skills are kinda stuck.
    3. You feel tired of having the same results over and over.
    4. You feel like you are walking backwards instead of getting any better.
    5. You feel like crawling back to a lower tier.
    6. You feel like throwing the towel on WGT.

Then, the answer would be :  "YES Q ... YOU NEED A BREAK" ... ;)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:43 AM

I must need a break then..

Trouble is it'll take me 3 days when I return to get back to this quagmire standard :))

• ifixcars
    1,097 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 9:56 AM

Yes Q, I need a break.  Doubt I'm gonna take one, though.  ;-)

Jim

• senec
    252 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:01 AM

I agree to all 6 and I would had..... 

7-if you spend more time doing surveys and watching videos then actually playing golf.

8-if you spend more time reading all the bitching in the forum then actually playing golf.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:14 AM

Just my thoughts, which aren't worth a wooden nickle. After all the great show of friendship, gift giving and well wishing from so many members during the holidays, I have a feeling we are going to see a huge number of daily players taking a break in 2013. I will be one of those players. No new complaints, or whines, just total burn out with the same old same old. I have been reading the deal about the caddy, gamers versus fun players. I see a very unsettleing trend in WGT. I have played enough games at all levels and tiers, to speak somewhat intelligently. Can you consistently shoot low 20's and 50's without the crutches? I say no, totally impossible. Maybe 1/10 of 1% can. Can you shoot these scores at all, without tons of notes and gauges, calculations, brain pains prior to each shot, NO. Is this game realistic? Not any more, in my opinion. I used to be able to start an AS game at any time of day or night, and have 3 other players in a matter of seconds, not any more. I know for a fact, that my closest and longest friends on here, play about the same way I do. We have gone from Hacks to Legends and still can't shoot mid 20's and 50's. We have practiced with some of the best, listened to their advice, and have slightly improved. Have we starting shooting unreal scores in a few weeks, Hell no. So with all this said, for the gamers who have all but destroyed this game, enjoy. For the true WGT members, who enjoy a good honest game with friends, the laughs, and don't lose sleep and smash things because you are not 20 under par, maybe we can run into each other, and enjoy an hour or two.

• db69999999999999
    17 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:51 AM

Hi Q, I feel like this at times, and it comes and goes. Then the next day i'll shoot a 30. This game goes in cycles and can wear you out at times. Hope to play with you soon!!

DB

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:25 PM

Need a break, me too. Even though i love this game which i just happened to stumble across in May, find myself struggling for motivation somedays, seem to play exceptional in practise mode, had my first 59 on xmas eve, all be it practise.

Will just log in everyday and play 1 hole for my xp bonus, just find it sometimes disheartening when i enter a tourney and see guys shooting mid 50's for 18 holes.

Have some great on line friend here and have had some memorable games in the past, a break might re-light my fire

Happy new year all

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:51 PM

NEED A BREAK :  i do, something else for 4 hours  and a voice in my brain start saying  WGT Frapp  , WGT  Frapp,    then i just cant put this game out of my brain . it got me me by my golfing balls reel good :)  .            And you know i dont mind  some good scores, some no so good  ,   i am still enjoying not only the game, but all the community , My  CC ,  Friends  , i mean  many good Man ,and woman from all over this planet ........            No  wonder  why  i cant take a break .        But  before some players get to not enjoy this game has much ,i say take a break .........                  Frapp

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2012 2:18 PM

I agree 100%, Frapp!

After 372 consecs, no break here, standing strong for a few games per day.

Perhaps I protected my brain from being (sun)burnt by avoiding some things which bite into other players' minds:

- taking notes,

- looking for the free credit,

- adoring the gods of average, level and tier.

None of these exist here (ok, a putting chart for convenience)

I play for fun and friends, I spend about 10 bucks a month and eventually I became a Legend. A new challenge, more fun to come!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 3:11 AM

I have a friend here who is better than me, he was  a lot better  than me 1 year ago when we became friends.

Now I can beat him occasionally because I have learnt from him.

We are still friends.

Thank you WGT.

RSS