Help › Forums

Need a break ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:08 AM (22 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 3:54 AM

renniw52:
    ... tons of notes and gauges, calculations, brain pains prior to each shot ...

Thank you "renniw52".  I share your feelings of your entire post, but this little piece portraits exactly how I am feeling right now ... I think one can lose perspective of the "fun part" trying to be better.  I am never trying to "defeat" others, but my weakness is to try to be better myself and the trap always gets you one way or the other.  Still taking a break from the field, but very thankful for most replies to this thread.  Cheers to all of you fine gentlemen ;)  Q

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 4:10 AM

Don't say good bye Q, just say see you later. Stay well and have a great New Years. I too, will be checking in on occasion, meanwhile, I need to refocus on getting 2013 started on the right foot. We can check in with each other via PM, to see how things are going.

See Ya Later

Renni

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:07 AM

renniw52:
    check in with each other via PM,

Im calling 'Cheaters' to make a full investigation

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:56 AM

renniw52:

Just my thoughts, which aren't worth a wooden nickle. After all the great show of friendship, gift giving and well wishing from so many members during the holidays, I have a feeling we are going to see a huge number of daily players taking a break in 2013. I will be one of those players. No new complaints, or whines, just total burn out with the same old same old. I have been reading the deal about the caddy, gamers versus fun players. I see a very unsettleing trend in WGT. I have played enough games at all levels and tiers, to speak somewhat intelligently. Can you consistently shoot low 20's and 50's without the crutches? I say no, totally impossible. Maybe 1/10 of 1% can. Can you shoot these scores at all, without tons of notes and gauges, calculations, brain pains prior to each shot, NO. Is this game realistic? Not any more, in my opinion. I used to be able to start an AS game at any time of day or night, and have 3 other players in a matter of seconds, not any more. I know for a fact, that my closest and longest friends on here, play about the same way I do. We have gone from Hacks to Legends and still can't shoot mid 20's and 50's. We have practiced with some of the best, listened to their advice, and have slightly improved. Have we starting shooting unreal scores in a few weeks, Hell no. So with all this said, for the gamers who have all but destroyed this game, enjoy. For the true WGT members, who enjoy a good honest game with friends, the laughs, and don't lose sleep and smash things because you are not 20 under par, maybe we can run into each other, and enjoy an hour or two.

If you enjoy company in AS. How has the game been destroyed. What do you care that "gamers" are shooting low scores? It shouldn't affect you at all. 

Shouldn't you be off in your AS land? I have friends who play 98% AS because they cant compete in Stroke. Your post above just sounds like sour grapes to me. 

• 719mike
    209 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:59 AM

I play this game to relax ,have some fun ,maybe interact with some cool players ,but I never , ever take this game seriously . Couldn't be bothered with calculators , graphs , or notes . Some of my best shots have been mistakes !  lol   Love to play under par , but if that doesn't happen ,guess what ? Nobody died , went broke , or got bite by an alligator !

So ,smile ,take a huge hack at the ball and lol when it doesn't go anywhere near where you wanted it to go ! If I wanted realism ,I'd get my fat *** out of my recliner and hit a real course ; well , as soon as it reaches 70 degrees again...... that would be June here ..... and I'd have to buy / rent some clubs , nahh , this'll do just fine , tyvm !

Have fun , Happy New Year , and I hope to see you's on the hills !

mike

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:09 AM

senec:

8-if you spend more time reading all the bitching in the forum then actually playing golf.

This seems to be happening way more to me :P

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:32 AM

db69999999999999:
    Hi Q, I feel like this at times, and it comes and goes. Then the next day i'll shoot a 30. This game goes in cycles and can wear you out at times. Hope to play with you soon!!

DB

"CYCLES" ... that's it DB ! ... great post.  That's precisely what most of us MUST REMEMBER when we get trapped with our own expectations and come back to friends and good times ... I am that kind, but this game is very ADDICTIVE and as such it gets in your blood sometimes ... ha ha ... that's when a FRIENDLY BREAK serves a good purpose of refreshing one's objectives at PLAYING ! ... Thank you dear friend !

renniw52:
    Don't say good bye Q, just say see you later. Stay well and have a great New Years. I too, will be checking in on occasion, meanwhile, I need to refocus on getting 2013 started on the right foot. We can check in with each other via PM, to see how things are going.

See Ya Later

Renni

Oh no Renni ! ... I am not saying good bye ! ... In a way I am literally taking a break, only knowing that it helps ! ... We all need to take breaks even from things that we love and enjoy right ?

Q

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:08 PM

Don't quite understand the comment BM, but that is OK. No sour grapes on my part what so ever. Guess I'll take 2012 out with another kick in the Squirrel Nutz. Glad to see you and the Deviations take part in the 12 days of Christmas, well done, and have a safe and Happy New Year.

• 719mike
    209 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:31 PM

I was playing a threesome and on a poor shot , lost a ball to the water . I cried  " ow "   , and said " sh*t ,only have 1 ball left and no credits ! "  Well , someone that I had the pleasure of playing only a few times , gifts me a sleeve and says Happy New Year !  Such a class act ! 

The generousity of the players here is heart warming !

Happy New Year !

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 6:01 PM

Sir ,, just enjoy the game

OPY  iaaRftr

RSS