Help › Forums

looking for help

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:56 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TK09
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:28 AM

Hi to all you golfers out there, I'm having some problems with my putting, so if anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate any advice i.e club speed, what the blanket of dots do and how to read the hills and right to lefts. thank you and hope to see you all after I'm #1 on the leader board LOL

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:28 PM

TK09:
    I'm having some problems with my putting

Quickest thing to tell you at your tier is add or subtract 1ft for every inch the elevation changes...

eg: if the arrow on your distance marker shows 2 inches up, then add 2ft to the distance shown then add another 1ft....you'll be close.

If you're serious about learning the game I'll play a few holes with you,give you a formula and point you in the right direction..It can be hard to understand what ppl write down but so simple when you see it in action.

Practice and you'll figure the game out quick enough, it's not rocket science :)) GL

Andy

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:42 PM

Take up Andy's kind offer as he says it's easy to show someone than explain it.

Having said that you may find the following useful (taken from FAQ):

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

I am happy to play a few holes with you too if you think it would be useful.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:46 PM

alcaucin:
    If you're serious about learning the game I'll play a few holes with you

The community in action! Way to go, Alcaucin.

Welcome to the forums, TK09. Alcaucin is a veteran player here at WGT so I would heed his words, and his actions :)

If you need any more help, there are tons of players like him on the forums waiting to answer your questions. See you around!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 4:00 PM

And a nother Good thing happend in WGT land .

OPY   iaaRft

• TK09
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:47 PM

thank you all for the advice and I'm going to use all tips that I can to shave strokes off my game. computer golf is a lot harder than real golf for one reason,,,,,,,,,the computer keeps score unlike real golf where I control the pencil, that always helps

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:08 AM

TK09:

thank you all for the advice and I'm going to use all tips that I can to shave strokes off my game. computer golf is a lot harder than real golf for one reason,,,,,,,,,the computer keeps score unlike real golf where I control the pencil, that always helps

there are a lot of good tutorials in the archives posted by members. Nivlac and Stonecold both have excellent post on putting. Go to FAQ and click on "Putting Tips". Hey WGT(anyone), what happened to the search bar on the forum??

• theharks
    12 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:25 AM

Id love to take you up on that game as well - putting is my weakness !!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:02 PM

Afternoon's are quiet....

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:25 PM

The elevation tells you that you need to add or subtract length to your putt. HOWEVER, it also tells you that the sideways component (as indicated by the speed of the dots) will be lesser or greater.

Further, if you hit the same putt with a given break in exactly the same direction but with varying amounts of speed, the final positions of all those putts will lie on a straight line.

Note that these statements presume a first-approximation of a situation where the green is flat, but tilted in some direction at some angle. Greens with complex and various tilts naturally degrade into a series of such considerations.

• PAGES
RSS