looking for help

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:56 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:35 PM

bubbadork:

The elevation tells you that you need to add or subtract length to your putt. HOWEVER, it also tells you that the sideways component (as indicated by the speed of the dots) will be lesser or greater.

Further, if you hit the same putt with a given break in exactly the same direction but with varying amounts of speed, the final positions of all those putts will lie on a straight line.

Note that these statements presume a first-approximation of a situation where the green is flat, but tilted in some direction at some angle. Greens with complex and various tilts naturally degrade into a series of such considerations.

Now I'm confused !!  lol

• TK09
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:24 PM

thank you for the advice I will put your putting formula to a test, either I will improve my puts or travel back in time, I'm not sure what will happen ( I flunked physics ) lol only kidding, but a sincere thank you

• TK09
    5 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:26 PM

I will take you up on that game, just let me get some practice in unless we can transfer my score to bowling, then I would be great lol

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:53 PM

Steve442:

Take up Andy's kind offer as he says it's easy to show someone than explain it.

Having said that you may find the following useful (taken from FAQ):

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

I am happy to play a few holes with you too if you think it would be useful.

Read this Link from the Faqs, then read it agan.... Play a few games.... then read it again and after a few weeks come back and read it again....lol

The best !!!

-Roger

• walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:56 PM

LOL

• PAGES
RSS