Fri, Aug 28 2015 11:59 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:41 PM

• GrinAndBarrett
    4 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 11:57 AM

I was a 70.4 average and played 1 game -2 and went to 64 average? I have shot maybe 1 time a minus 4 in a game. This is BS. My average, even after bad rounds taken out would not even be close to 64. Now i cant play a fair game in Alt because I get the *** player every time... 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 4 2014 5:15 PM

GrinAndBarrett:

I was a 70.4 average and played 1 game -2 and went to 64 average? I have shot maybe 1 time a minus 4 in a game. This is BS. My average, even after bad rounds taken out would not even be close to 64. Now i cant play a fair game in Alt because I get the *** player every time... 

You changed tier by shooting your 32. The average resets  when you change tier - 32 x 2= 64 hence the  average  of 64.

When you have reached a  saturation  point in a tier (x number of games depending on the tier) the "average" will only go down not up, regardless. 

Congrats for the promotion and every new tier brings new challenges so enjoy.

Edit - I just looked at your history. You are a VERY fast learner - the day after you joined WGT you shot 4 under at Kiawah - impressive for a newbie. 

So either you are a  wonder-kid  and have a natural  aptitude  for the game, or you really are not so new. 

On top of that very very good stats both in playing and a/s m/p so my question is...were things too hard at your previous level?

• GrinAndBarrett
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jun 5 2014 6:40 PM

The person that signed me up shot that low score (gee, thanx). I had an in house teacher that shot mid-low 60's. Easy to learn fast when you have notes and a calculator...I guess the joke is on me having rounds like that on my record easrly... I shoot my score currently, I am proud of that.

Thanks for the reply.

• CCcribb
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 5:06 PM

Well, my problem is that I hve a false average score. My score is much better than I play, and it never seems to change. I have 65,75 but play like 75, so I want even play against others in my ranking group . The ranking should follow your score

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2015 11:59 PM

Excuse me, it's not false but non-linear by design.

As a Master, only the best 40 scores will count in, excluding Par3 and Par5 scores. Thus, you will almost inevitably reach the threshold of 63 at some time which will make you a Tour Master. Then, the numbers are reset.

• PAGES
RSS