Forums

Help › Forums

Camera angle

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:36 PM (6 replies)
  • Freejac
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 5:46 PM

I'm new here and wondering if there is a way to move the camera angle prior to taking your shot ?  Other than the zoom feature that gives you a view from up high and closer to the hole.  A lot of the times I don't like the angle that is automatically ?  set by the game.  Like when I'm putting I'd rather have the camera view in a straight line from the hole to my club face from behind my avatar.  I know you can switch view from opposite the hole but can you rotate camera view ?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2013 11:41 PM

hi

there are some views available via overhead + cameras, but nothing like green view from 200 yards away.

-wgticon

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 1:12 AM

Freejac:
    Like when I'm putting I'd rather have the camera view in a straight line from the hole to my club face from behind my avatar.

The camera views are fixed, unfortunately, WGT took hundreds of thousands of photos for each course, in the main, the camera views work ok.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 3:43 AM

Check out this camera angle at Congressional, the par 5, 6th hole this was the view i was given, if it had gone in it would have been one hell of a putt!!

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=cbdfe718-7982-4b26-b5e9-a13000e68ac1

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:22 PM

Freejac:
    when I'm putting I'd rather have the camera view in a straight line

Actually, this does happen occasionally. When it does, I find it impossible to figure out which moving grid dots to judge.

• truly2bad2play
    104 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2013 2:36 PM

This is very much a problem on the new Manele course..the zoom feature still leaves you way off the green in most cases for your approach shots.

Yes I can zoom in via my browser.but just more time consuming as opposed to most other courses.

RSS