Forums

Help › Forums

Hi from North Georgia and two questions

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 23 2013 9:09 AM (7 replies)
  • Throw587
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 4:19 AM

I've spent years looking for a good computer golf game since I was injured years ago and had to couldn't play real life golf anymore. WGT seems to have finally rewarded my quest. I will have some questions as I begin. Here are two.

Question one: Is there a practice area? Driving range, practice putting green. I would like to have that so I can both work on my game and warm up before going on an actual course.

Question two: Is there a way to stop a practice round if you have set things up wrong. For example three holes into my first round I realized I was playing from the championship tees and I could barely reach the fairway on most holes.

• ifixcars
    1,097 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:11 AM

There is no practice "area". In the game setup menu, you can choose practice instead of ranked or scored, but it's going to play just like a regular round.  I believe there is a 3-hole option for practice mode.  You should be able to end a practice round whenever you like with no negative impact.

Good luck!

Jim

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 9:49 AM

Throw587:

Question one: Is there a practice area? Driving range, practice putting green. I would like to have that so I can both work on my game and warm up before going on an actual course.

The easiest way it to go to WGT Golfers

at the top of page and select Golf courses. There you can pick one hole on any of those to play. You get a max of ten shots, then you can start over. You can't change the conditions like in practice mode though.

• Throw587
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2013 10:56 AM

Thanks  Jim. No practice area is disappointing. I'd like to learn how different clubs  or new clubs react  Or warm up before I play an actual round.

One idea would be able to hit a mulligan during a practice round. That way you could see how a new club is different.

• fairground11
    1,211 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:01 AM

ZioMio:

Throw587:

The easiest way it to go to WGT Golfers

at the top of page and select Golf courses. There you can pick one hole on any of those to play. You get a max of ten shots, then you can start over. You can't change the conditions like in practice mode though.

strictly speaking it s a maximum of 6 over par

i.e

par 3 = max 9 shots

par 4 = max 10 shots

par 5 = max 11 shots

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:21 AM

Throw587:
    Is there a way to stop a practice round if you have set things up wrong.

You can quit any practice round any time you like. Nothing that happens in practice rounds affects your average, it's the ranked rounds you post that do that. 

CTTHs (Closest to the Hole) comps are great for practice AND warming up. You can learn your clubs in a hurry there and you'll see shots from places you'll find yourself in during stroke play.

For putting, BPB has big flat greens that are good for practicing on-look at #2, #3 and #4. Get on the greens and just putt back and forth until the shots max out.

For irons, the back 9 of BPB has long fairways that let you hit back and forth easily. Do the same here like with the putts until the shots max out.  Use the reverse views to see the aimer when shooting backwards. (There's a Game Setting that lets you turn on aerial cameras if they're not on already.)

• ifixcars
    1,097 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 5:32 AM

Throw587:

Thanks  Jim. No practice area is disappointing. I'd like to learn how different clubs  or new clubs react  Or warm up before I play an actual round.

One idea would be able to hit a mulligan during a practice round. That way you could see how a new club is different.

You're welcome.  I agree that a practice range would be nice.  Maybe someday...

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2013 9:09 AM

Hi Throw: Welcome to the game! You asked about practising. 1st click the play now button, then once there on the bottom left click see all courses. Pick the one you want and on the right side click stroke play. In the top right corner you will see ranked. To the right of ranked you will see an arrow .Click it and practise should come up. lower down you will see the options for wind, green speed, what tees etc. Now you can practise all you want because it doesn't count. Yankeejims advice was very sound.       Another thing is  don't try and hurry to tier up! It will come soon enough. Just enjoy it!  Cheers

RSS