Forums

Help › Forums

Hmm Want to give me ideas for a dogs name..

Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:43 PM (98 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 2:13 PM

Custer, for Montana, little big horn Etc.

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 3:11 PM

all great names so far. at the moment I think it might be Ruger. 

• thestrut
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:45 PM

Soot, his color.  thestrut said it.

• thestrut
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:47 PM

Rutger, german name.  the strut said it.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:48 PM

Keger.......adopt another later on and name him Taps - woof woof

seriously, i see that dog and I see Willy Boy - i know it fits exactly zero of your naming criteria.....but still :)

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:35 AM

To Funny Duffer. 

Update dog has bronchitis and has already cost me 300 plus the adoption fee. another vet visit next week. 

Oh and Duffer this will be the only one I will be adopting as I have a border collie already at home and he is now depressed because of the new dog. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 7:17 AM

JackTaylor:
    this will be the only one I will be adopting as I have a border collie already at home and he is now depressed because of the new dog. 

Time for you to be the dog psychologist. How far apart in age are they?

I introduced an 8 week old pug to the 4 year old I already had and the older one started acting really reclusive. Wouldn't go near the puppy and stayed on the couch. This went on for about 2 weeks and stopped suddenly one day. I was playing with the puppy on my lap and while she was nipping my hands I was saying "ow,ow" like she was hurting me. The older one sat up on the couch and gave 2 really loud, sharp barks. The puppy sat straight up and sat stock still, staring at the older one. It was really curious but I think the older one had just had enough and decided to assert herself when she felt the little one was harming me. 

I can't say they lived happily ever after since then because the older one died tragically from a pug nervous disorder a month later  but I got another one right away (2 months apart) and there was never an issue. They're like twins now.  Yours will get there. :-)

• signguy69
    62 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 7:52 AM

Give it some time, and watch him. His attitude, behavior, and disposition. This might make it easier, and allow for a fitting name that suits him. Example, I have a Lab whose name is Hoover.(Eats everything)

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:34 PM

My border collie as they call the resident dog, the one here first, is stingy with his toys and protective of the food bowl. He is getting better with the depression and has started eating again. I am trying to keep him on his normal schedule and give him lots of love, vet concurred with my actions. In my research they say it should take about 2 weeks to sort things out. My fingers are crossed and if not I do have a back up plan. My neighbor has fallen in love with the new dog, not the route I want to go. 

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2013 5:48 PM

So long as you remain the leader of the pack the dogs will sort out where they belong in the pack. It may take some time but let them decide. They want you to be the leader, don't let one of them take over.  Good Luck.

RSS