Sun, Feb 10 2013 8:35 AM (20 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:41 AM

Original Post ERASED ... sick of trolls :(

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:44 AM

Are these available in the Pro Shop? I sure can you them!

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:50 AM

3 MPH and under cross winds, hit em straight, no need to compensate

LOL

Happy Golfing!

Joe

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:54 AM

Yes, use of a spell checker. :-)

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:58 AM

sick of trolls :(

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:59 AM

Where did the sense of humor go ?

R.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:28 AM

Rockitch:

R.

That's what I wondered. Then the OP accused me of all sorts of things on my wall and then blocked me so I couldn't respond. 

• mickb74
    290 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:56 AM

courteneyfish:

Rockitch:

R.

That's what I wondered. Then the OP accused me of all sorts of things on my wall and then blocked me so I couldn't respond. 

i read the forums quite often,im not a "big" player on here,but  do find many of courtneys posts rather condecending...just my humble opinion.

• forcefan
    279 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:30 PM

Hey mick, you're absolutely entitled to post your opinion. As am I...

Courteney is often first to jump in and help a newer player with helpful suggestions based on her experiences playing WGT.

Not to speak for her - she can more than take care of herself - but I surmise her intent was to join in on the fun begun by the OP. 

He ended the post with, "Did I miss anything really important to be reminded of ?"

A witty (if rather obvious) reply was provided by Courteney.

Notice my example of condescension in that last sentence?  ;-)

I ask that you take another look at her initial post. There's an emoticon used. A "smiley".

The use of that particular emoticon emphasizes friendliness on the part of the poster. In this case, perhaps offering an extra layer of care to make sure that the misspelling of words on the post-its were understood to have been done intentionally.

Perhaps she was also being a little devilish in her humor/humour. a little spicey, if you will. But again, in a friendly way. 

This is an Internet forum. Facial expressions, body language, voice intonation - not presently available.

Emoticons offer clarity in three simple characters.

Unlike most of my posts...  8*)

Rich

• RJThom
    115 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:49 PM

"Courteney is often first to jump in and help a newer player with helpful suggestions based on her experiences playing WGT."

I'm brand new on here and I can say that Courteney hasprovided some good pointers for us "newbies".....I have even read her posts that have answered questions that I have not even asked yet. She's alright in my book!

RSS