Forums

Help › Forums

Question

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:25 PM (7 replies)
  • scotty2k6
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:07 AM

Do I really need to spend money to play this game enjoyably?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:24 AM

scotty2k6:

Do I really need to spend money to play this game enjoyably?

Hi

it depends on your definition of enjoyable. I know many people who play the game and have never spent a dime and enjoy the heck out of it.

to complete in tournaments or other modes of play, I think upgrades are required.

-wgticon

• Dingus7
    23 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:38 AM

Define upgrades. that answer was clear as mud

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:40 AM

No. It takes a little time to accrue credits through surveys and videos etc, but it can be done. I'm aiming to make it to Tour Legend without spending anything.

• Dingus7
    23 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:42 AM

It took a member to answer a question?

• mickb74
    290 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:13 PM

he answered the question..have you not upgraded your clubs?..did you do that just by doing surveys/watcing videos?..

if the op wants to compete in tournamounts at his level then yes ..he needs to upgrade,f he just wants to play for fun,then no he doesnt have to spend a cent/euro/pound.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:14 PM

Dingus7:

Define upgrades. that answer was clear as mud

Bear in mind there is a comprehensive FAQ/Help that covers most subjects. My personal view is this could be clearly visible from the home page, not just a very small link at the bottom.or when you arrive on the forums page.

As for the OPs question Icon answered it - NO you do not need to spend money to play enjoyably, I played the first year here with only the free quipment/balls and yes it does make it harder to score well but is possible. Also bear in mind, the further tier advancement, the longer the tees and when you get to Masters Tier, the starters clubs just are not good enough.

My advice is to try and accumulate credits by surveys/videos etc  see the GET CREDITS (top of the page) as better clubs do make the game easier to score better. Whether that makes the game more enjoyable is a personal matter.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:25 PM
    This post has been deleted.
RSS