Forums

Help › Forums

? for any one

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 18 2013 1:06 AM (22 replies)
  • Oldmancat
    5 Posts
    Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:53 AM

Hello i have been playing this game for over a year some one want to explain to me how these peaple are getting to be a Master or Tour Pro inside a week or a month this is getting pretty bad i think.I  their their are alot of very good player's but inside a week to become a Tour Pro sorry i dont think so.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:39 AM

They play in CC comps....much easier than doing it the hard way!

Or they beat upper tier players in matchplay.......multi-accounters....or they know something i don`t(which come to think of it could be lots).... bit like a plastic paddy!

If your looking at the spotlight players(shills) they are put there by WGT to make new players think they can be as good .......For Free!

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:06 AM

Not wanting to sound like a troll, but looking at how long you are playing, your equipment and the scores you shoot with it, there might be a lack of talent involved. Accept that and have fun at your own level is the best you can do. I wouldn't worry about other players if I were you. That 'won't add to the fun. There are a lot of very talented players and a whole lot of cheaters/multi-accounters/restarters.

Breaking par is the least you have to do to tier up in the early ranks (besides the "defeat a legend" and "win credits" options). For reaching master you must be able to shoot 32's and better on 9 holes.

nickuk:
    What then is exactly the hard way and how is that harder ?

R.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:22 AM

Oldmancat:

Hello i have been playing this game for over a year some one want to explain to me how these peaple are getting to be a Master or Tour Pro inside a week or a month this is getting pretty bad i think.I  their their are alot of very good player's but inside a week to become a Tour Pro sorry i dont think so.

How do they do it? That's easy, most (if not all) are multi accounters so they already know the game very well.

How do you tier up that quickly? A few (VERY FEW) play a LOT of games, I have heard of some genuine straight up legends playing 10 full rounds a day! However, the quick method is to play a player of a higher tier in a matchplay and beat him / her, your average will then come down quickly. The trick of course is finding a higher tier player who you can beat or who will deliberatly let you beat them, this is of course less difficult if you have another account already at a higher tier. However they still (I think) have to play the requisite minimum number of ranked rounds before tiering up, so it isn't a gimme, (although if this is not the case I will stand corrected.)

Are multi accounters allowed? Yes and no, officially they aren't allowed but as they bring in extra revenue to WGT the widespread suspicion is that many a (WGT) blind eye is turned.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:32 AM

Rockitch:

nickuk:

R.

My apologies for putting words in nickuk's mouth, but I assume what he means is that in CC tournaments the conditions can be set by the tournament host, and for all tournaments the exp gained is doubled. So if you're not in a CC and play stroke play or even WGT tournaments the wind and pin position is linked to your tier. If however you play CC tournaments you can pick light winds and easy pin position tournaments.

Again, my apoligies for answering out of turn.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:35 AM

Chinajohn:

Rockitch:

nickuk:

R.

My apologies for putting words in nickuk's mouth, but I assume what he means is that in CC tournaments the conditions can be set by the tournament host, and for all tournaments the exp gained is doubled. So if you're not in a CC and play stroke play or even WGT tournaments the wind and pin position is linked to your tier. If however you play CC tournaments you can pick light winds and easy pin position tournaments.

Again, my apoligies for answering out of turn.

First many of the CC tourneys the conditions are not set by the host. If he does not chose advanced options the the conditions are set by WGT. And in that case you can get any thing. In one tourney last week we all got heavy winds and championship green speeds. Not an easy combination at all. And even when the host sets the conditions they can be harder than normal play. If for example he chooses hard hole locations heavy winds and tournament green speeds that would be extremely difficult for many players regardless of their tier. 

Second you do not get double xp points. I just played a CC 9 hole tourney followed by this weeks 9 hole unlimited tourney. Both gave 190 Xp points for the 9 hole tourney. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:54 AM

I think it's no secret that many CC tourneys are set up "easy" for fun and average reasons, and difficult conditions see less participants and more WDs.

Anyway, tournaments give double XPs. A "simple" 9 hole round will give 95 XPs, 200 for 18 holes. 190 / 400 for tourneys is twice as much.

Note aside: No mentioning in the FAQ.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:07 AM

borntobesting:

First many of the CC tourneys the conditions are not set by the host. If he does not chose advanced options the the conditions are set by WGT. And in that case you can get any thing. In one tourney last week we all got heavy winds and championship green speeds. Not an easy combination at all. And even when the host sets the conditions they can be harder than normal play. If for example he chooses hard hole locations heavy winds and tournament green speeds that would be extremely difficult for many players regardless of their tier. 

Second you do not get double xp points. I just played a CC 9 hole tourney followed by this weeks 9 hole unlimited tourney. Both gave 190 Xp points for the 9 hole tourney. 

My apologies, perhaps I wasn't clear. What I meant was that it CAN be easier in CC tournaments if the host wants to make it that way, and in SOME (not all) CC's the host(s) are more than willing to do so to aid your average.

As to the double experience points I only play stroke play but EVERY tournament I have played in (admittedly a lot less than you) has earned me double the amount of exp points I would of earned if I had played the same number of holes in a non-tournament ranked round. Your example of 190 points for both 9 hole tourneys is a prime example, if you had played those rounds as a ranked round as opposed to a tourney you would only have received 95exp points for each one. That is what I meant.

Again, my apologies for not being clear.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 4:51 AM

i was tour pro  in a month i dont cheat or nothing just started game 2 n half months ago it not that hard i play few games every night thats it so its very possible cause i not even that good u cant come on once in blue moon think u gonna get there quick not gonna happen Also can u get lower quicker by playing match play then ranked stroke games? cause all i play btw is stroke rds n i still did it in about a month n i suck i think lol

• JONargusd
    1 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 6:03 AM

I have been playing for a couple of months and i can see only if you pay the man for credits you get the best clubs too hit the ball further or stop the ball on a dime. I mean come on to score 30 on closest to the pin for 9 hoes, give me a break. I have a hard enough time keeping the game going for 9 holes with all the IT interruptions, they need to get someone to keep the game from faulting out every game.

RSS