Help › Forums

suggestions for new cc games please .

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 19 2013 3:41 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • craigswan
    31,575 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:26 PM

Can anyone suggest some new games my cc members can play . Looking for a change .

• bigchunky17
    850 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:45 PM

Craig

We've done a CTTH challenge in the past.....with a twist!

Set up a CTTH Comp and the nearest person to 300ft (or similar)  score wins a sleeve of balls or a prize of your choice.

So effectively the first 8 holes are of little consequence....however the 9th is the shot they have to judge well.

BC17

• Tricki
    8 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 4:40 PM

The same old, same old courses are really getting boring.  When can we expect to play on some new courses?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 8:23 PM

Tricki:

The same old, same old courses are really getting boring.  When can we expect to play on some new courses?

About ten weeks.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 10:08 PM

Our CC has a SHOT competition each week. The moderator selects a shot for that week and the person who posted the best one wins a sleeve. I.E. Last week we had CTTH for a HIO and the week before was best wedge shot from the rough from 60 yards = out.

Nice way to see some of the other players performances and comment on them too.

Tim

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 12:07 AM

Nice one!

There's FFTH, furthest from the hole (instead of closest), or you might play CTTH but all must be off the green or in the water....

In the Tough-It-Out tournament which just finished there were a couple of extra challenges:

- highest GIR %%,

- longest distance of putts made,

- most birdies / least bogeys+

and a special one for multiround toruneys: highest score improvement through the rounds.

You can basically take any point of the stats to count.

• craigswan
    31,575 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 12:35 AM

thanks guys for the info .

keep them coming please .

• truly2bad2play
    104 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 4:56 AM

How about selecting a practise 9 hole course 1 v 1 MP game and alternate strokeplay and c.t.t.h..each player would be there to see what the other is doing so it would be a fair game.

Probably best suited to the new par 3 course

Then just add together their combined score..just counting the feet only of the c.t.t.h holes...i.e...6.3ft would be 6.

So a total winning round might look like. this...e.g. 4 - 6ft - 3 - 9ft - 5 - 7ft - 4 - 11ft - 3 

Thus giving the winner a total of 49 for their round.

Or is that too complicated ?

This would be a knockout tournament,and a final match to determine the outright winner.

I like the fact that the game could turn around at any given time with a hook or a slice.

So Amateur may well beat legend in these circumstances making it an extremely open tourney.

Looks like fun to me..but I am easily pleased ☺

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 5:14 AM

Try a beat the boss competition. Free balls to whoever can.

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 6:15 AM

Hey Craig old friend, we just had a predict the score in the Blackburn-Arsenal match, Steve did NOT win lol. Dont forget to post on his wall about that :-)

Serious though, we just did a CTTH thing where you had to use a starter driver and starter ball.

Hope your well.

• PAGES
RSS