Forums

Help › Forums

Furious!!

Tue, Feb 19 2013 3:47 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rinkster
    2 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:49 PM

I just finished a round at St. Andrews in my Country Club. The ball sank into the hole on the 18th hole and I had the best round of my life - a 58. After the ball dropped into the cup, a message appeared that said that the tournament had ended and my score would not count. How is it possible that I am penalized for this when the ball was in the cup. Not only would I have won the tournament, it also would have had a very positive effect on my average and maybe even have been enough to move me to the next level (Tour Master). Makes me sick!!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 1:15 AM

Hi

I am sorry to hear that but we check for deadlines on last putt of the game. your deadline could have passed on the first hole or anytime in between.

sorry about that.

-wgticon

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 1:28 AM

Alas It's happened to quite a few people.  I remember I was -7 on the 9th green(9hole comp) with a 3ft birdie Putt and Banggg, Comp timed out and finished....  Yes I was fuming too...lol

Once the clock runs out that's it... game Over, Sorry.

I always check the time remaining for all comps and I always have a Boost in my bag if I needed to play a comp in Quick time.

-Roger

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 1:44 AM

Yup, weve all been there at 1 time or another. Just wondering Icon, is there any chance WGT could change it so that when a player tees off before the deadline, the game can be finished and recorded. Maybe have it so that when you tee off, you have up to 1 hour after the deadline is over to finish it. This would ensure the game does get finished. It would certainly kill off this type of gripe.

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 1:54 AM

Now that's as serious as it gets here at the WGT.. Mantis with a boost in his bag to spped up play in case he has to beat the clock.. Could you imagine being able to do that in the real world.. Or how about when you hit a three hundred plus yard shot from the tee and your avatar's out on the fairway ready to hit the next shot in a little over three seconds.. I wanna send my avatar to the NFL Combine.. lol..

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 2:22 AM

It's always a good idea to check the time a CC tournament ends and that you have enough time to finish your round by that time. All this information is on the club tournament page. It's always been done this way and I've been caught out by it myself a few times. 

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 2:32 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Yup, weve all been there at 1 time or another. Just wondering Icon, is there any chance WGT could change it so that when a player tees off before the deadline, the game can be finished and recorded. Maybe have it so that when you tee off, you have up to 1 hour after the deadline is over to finish it. This would ensure the game does get finished. It would certainly kill off this type of gripe.

That would not be fair to the players who played and finished their round in the allotted   time frame. It clearly shows how much time is remaining until the deadline under the rounds list. It is up to each of us to look at the deadline and decide if we have time to finish the round. If it will be cutting it close either play faster, use a speed up boost or don't play. 

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 2:59 AM

Unlucky....so close & yet so far...unfortunately dem da rules.....has happened to us all before...

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 3:01 AM

Maybe not count the round for the tournament, but surely it could count as an ordinary ranked round, so at least you didn't play it all for nothing.

R.

• Rinkster
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 6:41 AM

Exactly...that's all I'm asking for. 

• PAGES
RSS