Forums

Help › Forums

Hi to everyone

Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:38 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DaveShore
    469 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:49 PM

My name is Dave & I'm a UK ex-pat now living in Cyprus.

I'm just trying WGT to consider transferring from TWO/TW12, possibly bringing my group (UK Expats & Friends) with me.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:32 AM

Hi Dave.

Welcome aboard.

-wgticon

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:42 AM

Welcome to the game Dave. This game takes some learning but well worth it. I have played TWO and this leaves it for dead in realism. Like all golf games, they all have flaws but I am sure you will love it.

Any questions just ask.

• DaveShore
    469 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 3:19 AM

Thanks to WGTicon & alanti.

I'm already finding the change is not as simple as it appears, especially as I'm an "old style" 3 clicker! Every golf game has it's share of flaws, I go all the way back to Jack Nicholson & Arnold Palmer golf games (I know that add years on to my age).

Already starting to like the challenge very much.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:25 PM

LOL Jack Nicholson? Typo I know! I learnt to play golf from some JacK Nicklaus books and they got me to a good level too.

Obviously better clubs make a difference and as in real golf. the short game is going to greatly improve your scores. Worth practising this facet of the game and its a good starting point for clubs (especially the wedges). But I do note you still have the EZY swing 3W - change that to the starters

Good luck and continue to enjoy.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:01 PM

Welcome Dave

This is the best game out there. Hard when you first start but you soon get hooked.

If you also have a few expat's who would like to play too....  maybe you can start your own  Country Club with your friends as CC members.

Most important thing is... just have fun :)

-Roger

• Alamondo
    2 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 5:39 PM

Welcome and have fun

• DaveShore
    469 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:26 PM

Thanks Roger & atlanti for the welcome and advice.

Gaining free credits seems difficult other than gaining the 50 for advancing to Amateur level.

Putting is my biggest problem, but then it always has been :)

• Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2013 4:52 PM

DaveShore:

Thanks to WGTicon & alanti.

I'm already finding the change is not as simple as it appears, especially as I'm an "old style" 3 clicker! Every golf game has it's share of flaws, I go all the way back to Jack Nicholson & Arnold Palmer golf games (I know that add years on to my age).

Already starting to like the challenge very much.

Hello there Dave Shore.. Since were showing our age and  you brought up three click golf games.. I go back to "Lee Trevino's fighting golf" On the old Nintendo entertainment system.. The greens had flashing arrows  to show you which way they were breaking.. Times sure have changed for the better in virtual golf.. Welcome aboard..

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2013 5:24 PM

DaveShore:
    My name is Dave & I'm a UK ex-pat now living in Cyprus.

Hola from Costa Del Sol.....enjoy the challenge BUT be careful...

I didn't see the sun last summer !! :-))

Ex-pat   Andy

• PAGES
RSS