Help › Forums

Practice

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:32 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Whitleyj
    106 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:29 AM

I practice a bit on course with one club tee to green w/ say PW to sight in different distances and control results.  Any plans for a driving range feature to practice on?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:11 AM

Whitleyj:

I practice a bit on course with one club tee to green w/ say PW to sight in different distances and control results.  Any plans for a driving range feature to practice on?

hi

i personally don't think it's needed as every hole is unique, so i'd recommend practice that hole instead of an entirely different surface.

-wgticon

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 12:22 PM

Whitleyj:

I have seen many people ask for this with no success.  Heck they could build it into the game, add it to the pro shop under accessories and charge you for it?  You have pay to go to a driving range anyway "just like real golf" which is what I always hear this game is supposed to resemble.  LOL

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:20 PM

I think there are enough places / courses to practice on but what would be good is the option for ZERO wind, then you could find the exact yardage of your clubs with no outside factors.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:57 PM

WGT has simply stated NO to a range and after all there are many options of courses to do so. I like the idea of ZERO wind as then yardage could be more exact. like many have mentioned, the mulligan option would be great in practice rounds as then you could try different shots from the same location.

A driving range is good for a warm up before a game in real life, here we can use a single hole for the same effect, A driving range is good for practice in real life, here you cannot change your stance, grip etc, so is effectively a useless tool to have.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:23 PM

WGTicon:
    i personally don't think it's needed as every hole is unique, so i'd recommend practice that hole instead of an entirely different surface.

So is that what the pros of golf do. Just try and play every hole of every possible course of every possible tournament.

Im pretty sure that the entire golfing world, when they want to "practice" goes to a driving range, a putting green and a chipping green.

Sure you can play practice rounds in real life, but when you want to tweak your swing, or try and enhance your draws or fades, or try a new kind of chip or pitch, etc, im pretty sure that you go to a practice facility.

I don't know for sure as I am not a tour pro or any pro for that matter, but I do believe that the tour pros and even club pros of the world spend countless hours at various types of practice facilities.

I personally could care less if there is one on WGT and am pretty sure there will never be one, unless they can charge you for it.....just saying, practice facilities are a part of golf and this is supposed to be the most realistic golfing game on the web

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:17 PM

jsweetcr:
    I personally could care less if there is one on WGT and am pretty sure there will never be one, unless they can charge you for it.....just saying, practice facilities are a part of golf and this is supposed to be the most realistic golfing game on the web

I've been around for over two years and it's no closer to happening---won't happen people. As my wife would say "--accept it and move on!"

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:30 PM

TracyMax:
    I've been around for over two years and it's no closer to happening---won't happen people. As my wife would say "--accept it and move on!"

Yup, what he said  :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:48 PM

There is 2 ways you can Practice.....   One is the obvious, play a practice round... hit your shot and if you don't like it turn around and hit back and so on.... you are allowed 10 shots a hole and doesn't affect your average.

The other is if you want to play just one golf hole....  In Wgt Community... under Golf Courses you can select just one golf hole on any course....  but your playing off the reds.

This is good if your having troubles with one hole...  you just have to compensate off the tee for a true approach shot.

-Roger

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2013 1:23 AM

i've had enough of hearing people mention "what about a driving range"

There have so many threads started over this, now i think the next person who mentions this or starts a thread, needs to be taken outside and shot!!

just saying!! 

• PAGES
RSS