Help › Forums

New Player!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:39 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Scott2mee
    281 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:13 AM

Hello Beth.. You will improve in some aspect of this game with each round you play.. I played round after round alone when I was brand new here.. I could take my time going back and forth between either an instructional video I had just watched or tips I read here in the forum and the course.. At the top of the screen you can click on "WGT Community" then go to any stroke playable course.. Choose any hole you want and practice what you just saw in a video or read about here in the forum.. I used to pick a par three hole and hit it on to the green then try to get it real close to the cup.. Then knock it back away from the hole and try again.. My own practice green..  So practice practice practice and you'll get really good at this game.. You know having my own personal practice green you would think I'd be a better putter... Practice practice practice.. Have fun Beth and we'll see you on the links.. = )+

• ToddCramer88
    88 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 4:20 PM

I always enjoy  playing  wih new players. Lots of great people helped me learn to play and got me hooked on this game. Friend invite sent. I enjoy alt shot. Give it try to meet new people.

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:11 AM

parheartBeth13:

Hi, my name is Beth and I am new to this game.  I have played real golf for many years but new to computer golf!  Having a hard time getting people to play with me because I am new I guess!  Anyway, would love to make some new friends and play some golf!

Hey  Beth, 

WGT is a great game! This is the first Vid game I have ever played, you will enjoy and get better,,, if you have a problem getting a game I am more than happy to shoot a game with ya ,,,, Great idea to rent the MAX PUTTER I love mine so you are on the the track and God bless it as has been stated addictive but I have not read and where that anyone overdosed.... LOL 

Take care ,,, Friend me and lets swings some clubs..... GLAD TO HAVE YOU... 

Edbeau,,,, \cowboy up

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:11 AM

parheartBeth13:

Hi, my name is Beth and I am new to this game.  I have played real golf for many years but new to computer golf!  Having a hard time getting people to play with me because I am new I guess!  Anyway, would love to make some new friends and play some golf!

Hey  Beth, 

WGT is a great game! This is the first Vid game I have ever played, you will enjoy and get better,,, if you have a problem getting a game I am more than happy to shoot a game with ya ,,,, Great idea to rent the MAX PUTTER I love mine so you are on the the track and God bless it as has been stated addictive but I have not read and where that anyone overdosed.... LOL 

Take care ,,, Friend me and lets swings some clubs..... GLAD TO HAVE YOU... 

Edbeau,,,, \cowboy up

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:59 AM

Welcome to the game! Lesson one: Patience! You will get a lot better over time. I'll be glad to play with you anytime.

• bogiehoward
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 6:13 AM

Hi Beth:  I'm in the same boat, played lots of real golf and stumbled on to this recently. Lots of fun while waiting for the snow to melt. However still trying to figure virtual golf out, and like you, seems hard to find people at my level to play. Give me a friend invite if your interested.

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 7:53 AM

Welcome to the game Beth, you will love it and get frustrated by it. Just like playing real golf.  Have fun.

• Bogata
    23 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:22 PM

Look for me - I'll play - if you want send a friends  request - and if you want a Country Club check out DILLIGAFs

306 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:39 PM

Hi parheartBeth13, I just sent you a friends request and if you accept you'll be on my list and when we're both on line I'll invite you to at least a game. If we're both lucky other members of the Country Club I'm a member of will also be available for games. Looking forward to your response. Skip

• PAGES
RSS