Forums

Help › Forums

Pro Shop problem

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:00 PM (9 replies)
  • RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 3:46 PM

I cannot buy balls.  When I click purchase it takes me to WGT main page.  Never did this before.  Just started yesterday.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 6:32 PM

Rock, are you using Google Chrome by chance? There is a known issue with Chrome and the pros shop - which if I remember right is not a supported browser within WGT, and you just have to use another browser for those types of tasks. If it isn't Chrome, then you might have to E-mail wgt to see what is happening.

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 7:12 PM

Chrome shouldn't be the problem.  While leaving this window open, I loaded up Chrome, went to the Pro Shop and bought another sleeve of G!2-D balls.  I know there is a long running problem with Opera and the Pro Shop.  Using Opera, the Pro Shop links do not work, and haven't worked for some time.

Warren

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 7:25 PM

I haven't had purchase problems within Chrome, either, but there were some other issues reported not too long ago and Niv responded that it is known, but apparently not on the list as Chrome is not supported. Wish I could remember exactly what it was, but it escapes me, lol.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:56 AM

Hi RockSteady,

No issues buying balls on this side.  Are you still having the problem and if so, what link/button are you clicking on right before it redirects you to the home page?

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:15 PM

Took Google Chrome out but still same problem.  I cannot buy anything.  I cannot buy credits either.  Takes me to main page everytime.  When buying something I click the purchase/buy green button thing.  Never any problems before.  Only one tour ball left then I have to use standard free balls.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 1:03 PM

Sounds like you're having a problem with secure (https) transmissions.  Can you try to make the purchase using IE or Firefox so we can see if it's an issue with Chrome specifically?

Let me know if using IE or Firefox works.

• borntobesting
    9,643 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 1:26 PM

I use chrome exclusively and have had no problems whatsoever with the pro shop. You might try updating your billing information. Not sure if that would help but you never know.

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 10:45 PM

Downloaded Firefox.  Used it.  It worked.  No problem.  Bought balls.  Do I use Firefox for all my stuff?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 11:00 PM

That's a personal choice really.  The fact that switching the browser worked tells us something is amiss with your Chrome.  You might want to completely uninstall then reinstall Chrome to see if that alleviates the problem.

I've been a Firefox user for quite a while myself, but if you're comfortable with Chrome then you may want to stay with it for familiarity.  You should at least give Firefox a try for a few rounds just to see if your performance is any better or worse then when playing with Chrome.  Some users swear by Chrome and others by Firefox.  One may work better than the other for you, so if anything it's a chance for you to check out some other options.

RSS