Forums

Help › Forums

Complete Club Upgrade

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 12 2013 7:14 PM (7 replies)
  • mickey95010
    32 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2013 4:13 PM

OK, so I finally got sick of how inconsistent the starter clubs are and I spent the wad for all R11 woods and irons, special wedges and putter. At first it was great but after three days I am seeing that it is still very inconsistent. I guess it really still is a BETA release. I wish they excepted BETA credit. I hope any potential investors with this company play for a month and read these forums before they witness diminishing returns on their investment.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:11 PM

Obviously has nothing to do with (looking at your stats) the fact that you can't play...Though it shouldn't surprise anyone as you've decided it's the games / clubs fault other than your own having had them THREE days.

Stop moaning and get practicing, you might find the game as interesting and rewarding then as 10s of thousands of others do.

Andy

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:58 PM

Hi Mickey and first it IS a good move upgrading if you want to score better. BUT it does take time to adjust to new clubs and in particular, working out what distances each club goes with different spin and wind, 3 days is hardly enough time to judge them, or the game on that basis,

Your real issue is with the short game, and not surprisingly this reflects in your scoring. Have you read the FAQ on chipping, pitching and putting? If not do this before you swing another club as you are endangering your playing partners and players on opposite fairways because you probably have the tendency to throw your clubs after yet another duffed shot! The short game is the hardest to master, and your stats say you litterally stink at this facet of the game.

This is a great game and IS difficult to learn and play well but with LOTS of practice you will get there. Yes there are the odd shot that cannot be explained  but this happens in real life golf too.

If you want a hit and I am available invite me so I can at least give you some pointers.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2013 8:15 PM

You have done good buddy! Keep with it ...doing all the above and you WILL be OK.  I could tell you about my SUPERHUMAN PROWESS but you would only go and read stats and see that it is a figment of my imagination.......or was that another thread........

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:24 AM

mickey95010:

OK, so I finally got sick of how inconsistent the starter clubs are and I spent the wad for all R11 woods and irons, special wedges and putter. At first it was great but after three days I am seeing that it is still very inconsistent. I guess it really still is a BETA release. I wish they excepted BETA credit. I hope any potential investors with this company play for a month and read these forums before they witness diminishing returns on their investment.

The lvl 32 r11 will perform good, not as good as your lvl 90 ones on your other account, but they will perform just fine. If I'm wrong I apologize, however i recall them being a night and day difference from the starters and with nothing else to compare to, how else would you know.

• mickey95010
    32 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 4:55 PM

I am so glad that everyone knows how I play. If they read they post again they will see it has less to do with how I play and how the program works. I can hit a perfect shot by meter standards and it does nothing  like what it is supposed to do. On the other hand I can completely mess the meter and the shot ends up three feet from the cup. I have demonstrated this to other players who were standing behind me watching me screen. Wow, I have never seen it do anything like that would be a common comment when it happens.

Meter speeds for the same club vary greatly. Green speeds are grossly miscalculated by the physics engine. Don't get me started on the accuracy variable that they put on a profile as well as on clubs.

All I am asking for is consistency in the applications performance.

Much , much better physics computing is required before this can be considered finished.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 6:49 PM

Green speeds are extremely consistent.  That's one thing that has stood out a mile. Meter speeds may vary ever so slightly time to time..I would guess that's to stop auto dingers, and so It's a good part of the game to make you concentrate.

Better irons will be slightly more consistent same as in real life, and same as WGT are very up front about.  

I don't know if you work for EA (new release time?), but in all honesty I have not come across any of what you are talking about. Admittedly I am not some top TL with amazing notes and so on, but I have not seem them complaining on these points!

Maybe you just fancied a wind up???

I would soon gone found another golf game it it were the case.................................

• angelsgolfing
    211 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 7:14 PM

OKmAN ENOUGH i HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 3 YRS HAVE COME A LONG WAYS WITH MY GAME. i AT ONE TIME WANTED TO CALL IT QUITS BUT NEVER BECAUSE I BLAMED wgt FOR ALL MY BAD SHOTS. yES I HAVE HIT SHOTS I CANT EXPLAIN BUT IT,S BEEN FEW & FAR BETWEEN. mOST OF MY BAD SHOTS THEN & NOW ARE OF MY DOING NOT wgt. lIKE I SAID ONCE IN A VERY LONG WHILE wgt WILL THROW A BAD ONE ON YOU.  tHE BOTTON LINE IS YOU WOULD RATHER BLAME wgt FOR YOUR LACK OF SKILLS THAT PUT THE HARD WORK & IME IN THAT IT TAKES TO LEARN A VERY FUN & GR8 GAME. eNOUGH OF YOUR BELLIE ACHEING & CRYING EITHER PUT THE WORK IN OR QUIT, i THINK THE REST OF WGT WOULD AGREE......................

RSS