Forums

Help › Forums

Greetings from the frozen North!

Sat, Mar 23 2013 11:50 AM (7 replies)
  • Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:46 PM

The frozen North = Helsinki, Finland - originally from Kent, SE England.

No, I've never seen a polar bear here, nor an Eskimo for that matter, and nope, this country didn't use to be part of the Soviet Union, but thanks for asking.

Anyhoo - I've been here for five weeks, already spent silly money and burned the midnight oil far too many times, and as much as it infuriates the livin' bejaysus out of me, it is only true and fair to say I'm completely addicted.

If you want to add me as a friend and tap me up for a round of whatever floats your boat, please do. I won't be knocking on your door every two minutes, there's only one person on here I actually know, and he's the only one I invite - I hate feeling like I'm intruding - but if I'm free I will always say yes to an invite.

And if you've got this far you must've been really bored!

All the best, ladies & gentlemen,

Phil

And yes, it really is the frozen north - this was on the way to work on Friday...

We're supposed to start playing cricket in seven weeks!!!

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 12:21 AM

Welcome to the addiction, Phil :-)  It's 2:20 AM, i have an early class, but i just HAD to get in one more round before bed lol.

Trust me, it gets worse as you progress and get a little better. Then you join a country club, and it gets worse still. You really need to get to bed, but now you have a few friends in Australia and New Zealand, and they are just getting on here after dinner. Work or school? forget it, thats when your North America friends are on. You are doomed :-) 

~~Mika~~

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:10 AM

Welcome to the mad house Phil. I say that as we must all be slightly insane playing this infuriating game.

I'm afraid it looks too cold for me and never have been to Iceland but I have been to Scandanavia many times.

I bet its a far cry from Kent (I lived in Surrey for 10 years) and golfing in winter would be a tad difficult.

I would be happy to have a hit with you any time I am green.

Alan

• LOWRIDARED
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 1:55 AM

Hello Phill nice to meet ya have a great game

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:03 AM

north east scotland just as bad 25 cms the last 24 hours. looks lovely tho behind a warm fire and closed window :)

• JBaldoni
    892 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2013 7:47 PM

Brrrrrrrrr!

But WELCOME!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:28 PM

It's even reached my little island. Brr!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2013 11:50 AM

welcome!

brrrrrrrrrrrr

-wgticon

RSS