Forums

Help › Forums

DRIVING RANGE, CHIPPING & PUTTING GREEN

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:47 PM (4 replies)
  • GarrickBoyz
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 1:39 AM

Please, please, please can we have a fully functional practice area - the whole experience would be so much better with a driving range area, putting green, chipping green and practice bunker..., somewhere to get your trigger finger warmed up before you play, somewhere to get the hang of those new clubs etc etc

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 3:28 AM

Great suggestions... 

We have been asking for these since before the first 9 hole course opened here.  Unfortunately WGT does not seem to think that things are important.  If you look at the Upcoming Product Releases you'll not see them listed.

However, there is a solution.  Instead of playing a 'ranked' round you are able to fire up and play a 'practice' round... any 9, any course, all conditions set by you.

It's not an optimal solution, but it does the trick.

Peace.

• DightonBlue
    42 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 8:57 AM

A less time-consuming way to "warm up", if you don't want to play an entire 9 holes, is to play a Practice round of 'Random 3'.  Works well for me, anyway.

F&G

• Greggatshack
    21 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 7:05 PM

Yes, I've tried all that stuff but what I really want to do is put a ball in exactly the same lie and try different types of shots to see what is the most effective. Eg a bunker lie with 20-30% and try backspin, topspin, pitch, flop, full etc. Very tedious setting this up by deliberately hitting into a bunker and then trying to work out the comparative effect of each shot distance wise etc.

I would be prepared to pay 20 credits to go and hit 50 balls like that.

I think that one reason they don't want to do it is because they suspect that players will get too good and that would skew the game somehow.

• weeges
    9 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:47 PM

Hello all....first post for me and I love the game it's a lot of fun but this would be even better if you could actually do what I do in real life which is practice at the range to get warmed up before hand......

WGT People......please heed the call......

RSS