Help › Forums

Putting Meter

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 6 2013 1:17 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TPN51
    18 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:09 AM

Dear WGT. Could you please leave the meter at the minimum footage and let us move it. The meter goes to 100 feet on fringe and 50 feet on a 24 foot putt. Leave it at the minimum so we don't launch the ball off the green by mistake.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:09 AM

It is just another way to screw you for extra cash, more hits, more balls bought. If they had any integrity at WGT then what you suggested TPN51 would have been implemented at the very start.

WGT had a promising game in the beginning but with ALL the problems that have NEVER been fixed for years now, it leaves me to believe that grabbing the clients cash is more important than any game satisfaction.

Imagine this senario, buy a WGT GT car, great stuff, all you need to do is change the wheels, the engine, the gearbox, the lights, the tyres, the petrol, the engine management system, Control will have to be reset every time, yes every time you attempt to start it up.

Don't moan about, just throw your cash at it and eventually your problems will just fade away into obscurity like all the other people who had the temerity to say so.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:54 AM

1) Read the putt. 2) Check the distance. 3) Check the green speed. 4) Check the scale. 5) Hit the ball.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:57 AM

Ihatecheats:
    Imagine this senario, buy a WGT GT car, [...]
    Nice story, and I agree to that cash-grabbing point - too much new sales items, too little maintenance/bug fixes.

Alas, the WGT GT car is a gift in the first place, it comes with free gas, alas only with Grandpa's Sunday Afternoon Walk-Granny-Out-To-A-Cafe Speed.

Those who want more do have to pay, and they pay for that free gas, too.

That's capitalism.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:52 AM

We all understand that this game is there to make money for the investors, it is just the way its done that has pissed off so many people.

If I buy new tyres for the GT Car then I don't expect a tyre  to blow out nearly every time I take it out, yet I am expected just to accept that every 3 balls I buy that 1 will land in the water or out of bounds due to a meter jump or stutter. FIX THE METER  FFS YOU HAVE HAD YEARS OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT IT SO DO SOMETHING  FFS.

I know I should reset this, clear that, hold this, anticipate that every time I play but it is wearing thin especially when I know that I couldn't have done more to avoid  losing another ball  when the totally unpredictable meter throws another buck into the WGT coffers with the cost of a new ball.

If that is capitalism then you can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:33 AM

courteneyfish:

1) Read the putt. 2) Check the distance. 3) Check the green speed. 4) Check the scale. 5) Hit the ball.

If its that simple then why is it that when i do all tat one time it'll blow by the hole and the next it may go half way...u make sound like its that simple butmy putting inconsistency is killing my score.....

• Ripper017
    76 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:17 AM

I agree with Courtney. It is up to the player to look at all aspects of the shot. If the caddie recommends a club/distance, the golfer is responsible for vetting the choice.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:37 AM

I still have a space if you want to come home Ripper. :-)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 12:18 PM

Ihatecheats:
    If that is capitalism then you can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
    We experience it every day. The only power we have is to buy or not to buy products of bad quality or built-in obsoletism.

This is capitalism, too: Demand controls their success.

• PAGES
RSS