Forums

Help › Forums

Best Putting Balls?

Sun, Aug 31 2014 1:45 PM (25 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:58 AM

hunter818:

i asked if anyone has noticed that one ball or another may be truer while rolling in and amongst the breaks on a green. That it either flattens out and runs thru the break or falls off left or right... not that it "speeds up or slows down".

can't say i've noticed any such thing .. then again i'm a Nike junkie

• hunter818
    50 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 10:04 AM

Grateful Chris... Thanks

I'd luv to play exclusively with Nike balls...  as a poor student, I'd have to rent my womb out in order to afford them for a year.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 11:07 AM

No ball reacts any differently on the greens,except meter speed. The ball will only roll as true as the putter you have and your ability to hit the ding or miss the ding correctly if you are a miss the ding type putter. How true the ball rolls especially on longer putts is more related to your putter's balance.

• xXxjasonxXx
    688 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 11:08 AM

hunter818:

Buggyyy:

All balls react the same on the green. The only thing that will determine how true a ball rolls are how accurate it is is based on the putter you are using.

Funny... if you read some of the product reviews within the pro-shop... more than one player will site that a given ball has more or less performance on the green ie: "it doesn't putt well" or "it does putt well".

Oh well... I'll give it up.

Suffice to say it's  "illusionary"

I think they are talking about back spin,,,,, nikes will stick where u drop them 90% of time an cally's will have lil more roll out when landing on the green,,,, 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 1:45 PM

hunter818:
    In your experiences, are there Golf balls with "Optimum Putting Performance"

Buggyyy tells me that the round balls work best on greens. :)

• DIONYSUS9
    214 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 3:41 PM

borntobesting:

No ball reacts any differently on the greens,except meter speed. The ball will only roll as true as the putter you have and your ability to hit the ding or miss the ding correctly if you are a miss the ding type putter. How true the ball rolls especially on longer putts is more related to your putter's balance.

If you miss Ding on green with Nike and miss same with GI SD do you really know the difference is same? i have no idea but to say definitely there is no difference is a bold statement!

• DIONYSUS9
    214 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 3:43 PM

Buggyyy:

All balls react the same on the green. The only thing that will determine how true a ball rolls are how accurate it is is based on the putter you are using.

How many different  products of balls have you tested?

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 4:05 PM

I don't know this for WGT, but a good physics implementation would base the initial speed of a putted ball on the strength of the hit, the mass of the clubhead, and the coefficient of restitution of the ball, just as they do for any other hit. It may be that the speeds are so low, at impact, that those factors are negligible, thus not used. I'd have to crank some numbers.

A good physics program for putting also takes into account the loft of the putter face, since the initial part of the roll is slightly in the air.

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:22 PM

The best putting ball is any ball I ain't using.

Roll 'em straight

SC

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:45 PM

Just know I've played this game long enough to know. I don't understand why people ask for advice and several top players give them the same answer, yet they continue to question...

RSS