Forums

Help › Forums

WHO'S HAVING FUN?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:04 PM (32 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:12 PM

I love this game..to further enhance it even more, I bought a ventrilo server so you dont have to type..Its great! I have invited my friends in there and have encouraged them to bring in there friends too.

Some people also like to use skype.

If your interested in joining my Ventrilo group, want to have more fun and if you are a fine lady or gentleman, get the free program here.

www.ventrilo.com

then leave me a post on my wall and ill give you the particulars.

We promote a safe, fun room for all.

Oh yeah you need a good headset..around 20$ for the cheaper logitecs.

• Bigfoot49uk
    59 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:56 PM

Snaike:

Bigfoot49uk:
    All I can say is you must be having my share of fun as well as your own. I made Master tier and all the fun's gone. Soon I shall be gone too.
    oneputtdavid:
    Here Here Big foot, I too shall be gone. PRINT this WGT you cowards and cheaters.
    What is stopping you from leaving now?

If someone isn't having fun at this 'game' then why stay?  No, really... Why stay?

Unless you really like being miserable and jamming up the forums and threads with whiney "I suck and I hate you all" posts, why even bother to log on.

Look, bottom line... if you don't like it, bloody well leave and find something you DO like.

Good Lord, some folks are strange.

Back to the OP.... I'm having fun.  Have been since December, 08, with only 9 holes at Kiawah to play. 

My apologies for having an opinion that doesn't coincide with yours.  I've paid good money for clubs and balls so I'll use them up if that's ok by you. Clearly  some know how to manipulate the system in order to delay progression, but all I did was play and submit my scores (mostly on St Andrews front 9). I should have played the more difficult courses and put in silly scores so that I could have a better chance in the tournaments, but all I wanted was to learn the game and for that I've been propelled into a tier that's definitely not justified and that has taken away the enjoyment. If you think my comments are "whiney" and "miserable", so be it. No one will ever stop me giving my opinion by calling me names. 

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 1:48 PM

That is definitely good advice, Tarheel.

I thought I would be at Pro level for a LONG time, so I bought a full set of pro Raptures. I did however have the foresight to buy wedges and a putter that I would want to use on the Master Tier. Don't get me wrong, though, I love the Raptures, they are great clubs to start out with, and they enabled me to learn a lot about the game, being so forgiving, and they still do well.

My only purchase of clubs since entering the Master tier was an  R9 TP 8.5 Master driver. I will probably replace the remaining Rapture clubs some time in the future, I have my eyes on some good clubs, : ), but the Rapture fairway wood and irons will be sufficient for now, until my game improves a lot more : ).

I was wondering how people were coping with the new hole-placements in the Open, good luck with that! The holes were changed at the St Andrews open over the fours days, but of course, they probably change them often there anyway, and a lot of the players would have encountered them, or similar positions, before, which would help a lot.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 1:58 PM

Valrec:

Interesting to hear about WGT when it started, I know little of it's history : )

How did it progress, was it the next 9 holes at Kiawah, then Bethpage? I believe from reading the forum that Oakmont and St Andrews arrived this year...

It started off as the "Charity Challenge" and was only CTTH at Bali Hai.   I played a bit, decided that CTTH was boring, and left for awhile.

Eventually more courses arrived (in CTTH format), and finally they released Kiawah Front 9 which was basically the only stroke play course at the time and for what seemed like forever.   Then things started to really pick up last year with the release of BPB and the Virtual Championship for it.

Cheers.

• Bigfoot49uk
    59 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 2:40 PM

AlaCowboy:
    Amen, Snaike. I find it rather amusing that the ones that rush to Master level by quitting on any and every bad round then whine and pout when they find out that it takes SKILL, not just a false average, to be successful on WGT.

For me it just goes to show the faults in the "Tier" system. For your information I didn't quit on every bad round in order to rush to Master level, not knowing the system I made the mistake of playing the St Andrews front 9 (and having fun) far too much. Now I'm stuck in a wholly unjustified tier. You may find that "rather amusing" but maybe it says more about you than me.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 5:36 PM

i think its all a bit fishy...

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 5:44 PM

marioh:

It started off as the "Charity Challenge" and was only CTTH at Bali Hai.   I played a bit, decided that CTTH was boring, and left for awhile.

Eventually more courses arrived (in CTTH format), and finally they released Kiawah Front 9 which was basically the only stroke play course at the time and for what seemed like forever.   Then things started to really pick up last year with the release of BPB and the Virtual Championship for it.

Cheers.

Thanks for that, Marioh, it's interesting to know how things started here. The concept of the game is good, using photos to represent the golf courses, and I can see the logic in it's development from CTTH to one full course to what we have now. I bet the first virtual championship here was pretty cool for all those who had been watching the game develop : )

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:14 PM

Valrec:
    ...it's interesting to know how things started here. The concept of the game is good, using photos to represent the golf courses, and I can see the logic in it's development from CTTH to one full course to what we have now. I bet the first virtual championship here was pretty cool for all those who had been watching the game develop : )
    If you want to have a bit of a time line, have a look at the News link up in the top.  Read through some archives and it will give you a sense of just how long it was between the release of different features.... interesting read.  And yes, the first Virtual Open at Bethpage was a blast! 

• spikel
    100 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 6:19 PM

Valrec:

marioh:

Cheers.

Thanks for that, Marioh, it's interesting to know how things started here. The concept of the game is good, using photos to represent the golf courses, and I can see the logic in it's development from CTTH to one full course to what we have now. I bet the first virtual championship here was pretty cool for all those who had been watching the game develop : )

Yep that's correct, I remember playing those 9 CTPs over and over all day everyday, very addictive.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 9:18 PM

Bigfoot49uk:
    For me it just goes to show the faults in the "Tier" system. For your information I didn't quit on every bad round in order to rush to Master level, not knowing the system I made the mistake of playing the St Andrews front 9 (and having fun) far too much. Now I'm stuck in a wholly unjustified tier. You may find that "rather amusing" but maybe it says more about you than me.

Bigfoot,

Seriously dude.  Talk about saying more about you than me.  I did the same exact thing last July playing the Bethpage front unlimited over and over.  Made master within 2 weeks.  I got the new equipment, learned the game and won my first stroke play tournament on WGT within my first month and a half.

Moral of the story, if you want handouts, call Obama!  Think he has welfare plans for the UK too.  For those of us who like to actually achieve, then hard work and dedication come into the equation.

RSS