Forums

Help › Forums

putting

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 17 2013 10:16 AM (3 replies)
  • givemeabreak1
    26 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2013 9:22 AM

I know there has been other post about this subject, but  i need help. I'm getting worse cant seem to read the breaks correctly.Is there a rule of thumb, what do you elite players do? Dont say practice practice I DO just looking for some help.

I can hear the replys already change your putter i have rented Nike and Ghost ,i like the feel of my cheap putter.

• givemeabreak1
    26 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2013 9:42 AM

Got the break right on this one not the speed haha

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=462dc68e-6c9b-497e-a3a9-a1a30111fdd9

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2013 9:49 AM

Relax and enjoy your new tier. Your stats are very good so it's not your skills but just getting use to the new green speeds. Use a little less power for your putts on Tournament greens. Although you like your level 19 Ghost putter the higher level 35 Ghost putter has much more balance and forgiveness, You will drop more putts that seem to stop a few inches with the putter you have now. Might even try to play the CTTH putting challenge in practice mode and set it for tournament speed just to get use to the difference.

Happy Golfing

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2013 10:16 AM

Man, we all get those: Just check my score history and you will see I have a 26 in one course one day, and then a 34 one or two days later on the same course. Inconsistency? I don't think so... The game is harder some days... I must have missed so many makeable putts that break or don't break at Saint Andrews today where I was making them before... that I am sure WGT does it. But relax and enjoy it, or break ur monitor as I have done a couple of times. After that 34 at Saint Andrews I shot a 27 at Oakmont.. go figure.

RSS