Forums

Help › Forums

How to become a WGT member

Fri, Apr 21 2017 7:40 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bigstupid
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 10:36 PM

You first have to be a complete idiot. Without giving them your credit card, you have no shot. I'm a level 67, 68 Tour Pro.  I have managed to buy 3000 credits worth of new clubs and balls by watching videos. They owe me close to 4000 credits for offers, surveys , and videos unpaid. My last eight Matchplays versus Masters and Tour Masters, I have been ahead in all and suddenly, WGT decides my internet connection is faulty and they disconnect me. Don't want to piss off the idiots that give them money. Never with Pros on down,  I don't want to be a WGT member, I just want to beat you down with skill and they won't let me. If you haven't shot 32 on the front nine at St. Andrews , like me,  then don't even think about responding. As far as I'm concerned this site is a scam. Why would you play a Ready- Go tournament when they steal 2000 credits from  a total 10,000 credit  buy in ? Wow, come in 15h place and you get your buy-in back. I've seen level 40, WGT members who I could beat blindfolded. Why are they members? Not because they can play, but because they whip out their Visa card. That's my observation. You wanna play, look me up.

Bigstupid

• CASS0
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 3:40 AM

I am currently a level 87 Tour Pro and have never sent any "real" money on this game. Is that why I am not a WGT member. Do you have to buy it?

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 11:20 AM

In the first place, why would anyone be an idiot for taking a WGT Nation membership that is given to them for free? Contrary to what you are ranting, not a penny out of pocket needs to be spent here. In 6 years I've spent $0 of my own money here (not even a credit card on file, ever), amassed over 65,000 "free" credits through videos and surveys (of which I've gifted over half). I don't play for credits so I haven't contributed to their coffers through the various gambling options they offer here yet I was given a WGT Nation membership anyway.

WGT Nation has nothing to do with the company protecting members. They create a couple of exclusive tournaments for members and supposedly respond quicker when we file a compaint with customer service but there's not much else to it. They have passed out one or two golf balls that hardly anyone can use because they are not what most people are using.

Looking at your stats and records, I can see you are a "one course wonder" who has not broken par for a full 18 holes on the one course you do play, St. Andrews. 

If you can't beat them, join them. Play free ranked games and tournaments on multiple courses and get your scores down by learning how to play the game a little better. Stick with videos even though the process can be extremely frustrating. Expand your country club including people who will make it a more pleasant place. Skip the RGs and use country club tournaments for credits instead. In short order you'll "tier-up". Then the difficulty of the game really starts.

If you still believe at that time the company is protecting Nation members, get good enough to get an invitation and become one.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 11:34 AM

srellim234:

In the first place, why would anyone be an idiot for taking a WGT Nation membership that is given to them for free?

I think he's talking about being a WGT player, not specifically a Nation member.  The rest of the post is somewhat like looking into an empty tea cup to try to decide what sort of day you're going to have.

srellim234:

Looking at your stats and records, I can see you are a "one course wonder" who has not broken par for a full 18 holes on the one course you do play, St. Andrews. 

Says it all really.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 4:37 PM

NICE NAME..... 

guess ya earned it legit....:)

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 6:24 PM

Considering that you have only been here for a hot minute , you really shouldnt be getting fly at the mouth . Most of us have more time in the weeds , than you do in the game. At the same time, most of us will help you with advice , if you need or want the help. So slow your roll , and act like you have some sense . This is the most aggravating game that you will ever enjoy playing . Happy Swinging

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 7:42 PM

You know, I read the wgt forums and come across a Bigstupid thread like this.

I couldn't help myself lol.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 9:45 PM

OK, I'll try again and will be a little nicer this time.

bigstupid:

If you haven't shot 32 on the front nine at St. Andrews , like me,  then don't even think about responding.

Is this bragging?   Are we supposed to be awed by a 32?   Seriously, if you're going to try to impress people you need something more impressive than that.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 10:40 PM

MainzMan:

OK, I'll try again and will be a little nicer this time.

bigstupid:

If you haven't shot 32 on the front nine at St. Andrews , like me,  then don't even think about responding.

Is this bragging?   Are we supposed to be awed by a 32?   Seriously, if you're going to try to impress people you need something more impressive than that.

lllloooooolll

• PAGES
RSS