Help › Forums

lobby removal

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 24 2013 5:28 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SabotageSlicer
    32 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2013 10:44 AM

Can someone tell me why i get removed from the lobby all the time. I just got disconnected for the fourth time in one game and it made me quit my game because of all the disconnects. What the hell is going on with this site? Is there something i need to do or is it your problem. This problem also caused me to miss out on finishing a tournament. 

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 1:56 AM

I too have found that I am often "Removed from Lobby" or that other players "Decline" when I try to join a game.

I am not sure why ..... I have never (or at least very rarely) disconnected from a game ...... and I THINK that I am friendly enough when playing ....

So - similar to the above ..... Is it something I have done or what are the reasons that players seem to "Decline" when I am joining a Blitz game?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 3:12 PM

hi

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You could always host your own game :)

-wgticon

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 4:02 PM

If you keep getting disconnected it will be something wrong your end, possibly your internet connection is poor. Also try a different browser.

As Icon says, create your own game if you get booted by the host. This could be because your level or could be your "light" colour if you are not green possibly showing a poor completion rate.

Occasionally we all get disconnected but it happens infrequently (once every 2- 3 months for me). If it was a WGT problem we would all be getting booted.

Gareth, in your case it could be the level - either too high or too low for the hosts liking. Don't take it as a personal gripe against you - I still get booted - even with peers lol.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 5:25 PM

It doesn't get better.  I'm constantly getting removed from lobbies of games for little to no reason.  I don't have the greatest completion rate, but that's because some people play BEYOND slowly.  WGT needs an icon over some people that basically tells other players, "Dial-up idiot.  Play at own risk."

I can get why hacks and amateurs may boot some of the higher ranks (not everyone likes champ/tourney greens), but some people are just beyond picky.

That was why I proposed a rule long ago - one that said if you boot too many people from your game, you essentially go into a "time out" that doesn't let you play for a few minutes - as an effort to knock that off.  If you're looking for a specific game, play with your CC members or play a tourney.  Don't go crying about random games that have random players.

• paj042869
    11 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 10:28 PM

lmao.. this is a topic I wrote about not too long ago. I too get booted a lot. not because of my internet connection, not because of wgt servers, or any other flamboyant reason. no, because of people of higher tiers and not all.. I have met some really awesome helpful higher tier people, but some who are egomaniacs and have a god complex thinking they are all that and a bag of chips don't want and wont welcome people of our level into their games. doesn't matter if we join or create one. once they appear and see who we are, boom.. presto.. with the twitch of their noses, they fly off on their broomsticks or throw their fairy dust on us and we disappear. how do I know this? because of conversations I have been lucky enough to have with some of them. prior to being removed or them scurrying away into the darkness that is their life. it is was not so sad, it would be rather comical and funny. sad pathetic lives they must have. but fear not, for there are us out here who enjoy playing with all levels regardless of their levels of play. regardless if it gets better for u or not as u move up, don't become one of them as u do move up, and remember we all started at same spot. so enjoy and feel free to add me to a game if u wish, look forward to playing with u all. now lets go golf...

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2013 1:01 PM

paj042869:

lmao.. this is a topic I wrote about not too long ago. I too get booted a lot. not because of my internet connection, not because of wgt servers, or any other flamboyant reason. no, because of people of higher tiers and not all.. I have met some really awesome helpful higher tier people, but some who are egomaniacs and have a god complex thinking they are all that and a bag of chips don't want and wont welcome people of our level into their games. doesn't matter if we join or create one. once they appear and see who we are, boom.. presto.. with the twitch of their noses, they fly off on their broomsticks or throw their fairy dust on us and we disappear. how do I know this? because of conversations I have been lucky enough to have with some of them. prior to being removed or them scurrying away into the darkness that is their life. it is was not so sad, it would be rather comical and funny. sad pathetic lives they must have. but fear not, for there are us out here who enjoy playing with all levels regardless of their levels of play. regardless if it gets better for u or not as u move up, don't become one of them as u do move up, and remember we all started at same spot. so enjoy and feel free to add me to a game if u wish, look forward to playing with u all. now lets go golf...

I'll admit that I don't enjoy playing with hacks or amateurs.  That's mostly because of time.  Between the God-awful disconnects and slow loading times provided by WGT, multi-player games already take a long time.  This problem can be exacerbated when one or two golfers in your group consistently post double-digit over par scores.  Do you know how much longer a game takes when some bozo posts a double bogey on every hole?

I used to be new.  I started out not really knowing what I was doing to a great extent and I had to get my training wheels off.  However, I'd suggest that these people practice on one-man unlimited tournaments when they can play on their own pace.  As it turns out, you also get better xp overall through one-man tourneys than multi-player practice rounds, but that's neither here nor there.  The main benefit is that you're not bogging down the players who want to play a game and not take hours.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 11:08 AM

When ppl leave the game before you is where the problem exists. Happens all the time and if you dont know that it does it.. You will be pulling your hair out trying to figure out why you been kicked 4 or 5 times in a row.. 

It takes a good min before the room fills up.

• JazzX
    19 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 12:48 PM

If I set up an 18-hole game, I need to know that all the players will complete it.

If you show up with your "poor" ratio, I'm going to instantly boot you out - because it's likely you'll ruin the whole game by quitting at some point, wasting everybody's time.

Furthermore, I have no sympathy on the "people play too slowly" thing - it says right on the selection screen what the time limit is. If it's 90 seconds, then you should expect your opponent to spend all of that time on every shot. That is their right; if they go over 4 times during the round, they get disqualified. The game itself has sanctions for slow play.

If you want a faster game, select 45 or 30 seconds in your filter before you look for a game. Then you're guaranteed of fast play,

My own hunch is that you're being booted for having a poor completion ratio, and deservedly so. That's why the host should be allowed to boot anyone they want as often as they want until they get the sort of reliable players they want on the selection screen.

• Terrysone
    8 Posts
    Mon, Sep 23 2013 10:26 AM

You are not alone in this, many times I have experienced the self same problem.

• PAGES
RSS