Forums

Help › Forums

How to upgrade my rank?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 10 2013 2:07 PM (5 replies)
  • sflbdt
    5 Posts
    Sun, May 5 2013 7:53 PM

hi, i'm no new in this game but i've never knew how to become amateur (i'm hac know) someone told me that i could do it playing stroke games, but i keep doing it and still no upgrade of rank, any suggest? thanks

• WGTBOBBYSWORLD
    162 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2013 11:53 AM

To advance in Tier, you must play full 9 or 18 hole ranked games. As your average improves and you play more games, your tier will change accordingly

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2013 11:59 AM

Welcome sfldbt!

A good explanation of tiers can be found here:   http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/108931.aspx

You should also understand "levels" because the higher your "level", the better the equipment that you are allowed to buy at the Pro Shop.  See the last post on this page:
    http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/48159/846092.aspx#846092

You will need "credits" to buy better equipment and you can either buy them or take surveys and do other 'activities' to get them free.

Trust me  -  FREE is the way to go and you should start gathering credits  now, because you will want better gear pretty soon!

Enjoy this, it is both challenging and fun.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2013 12:15 PM

Ranked score rounds it is, not on practice.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 7:21 PM

sflbdt:
    someone told me that i could do it playing stroke games, but i keep doing it

Look at your STATS on your profile wall.

So far you have played 4 ranked games.  = not enough!

You need to play plenty more stroke games - ranked - not practice.

Also, check your bag you are missing some clubs. your Lob wedge and your 3 wood.

Check in with your Country Club owner - I am sure he will help you with moving up to Amateur and fixing your equipment.

Your driving accuracy is excellent, but your GIR (Greens in Regulation) is poor. With another wedge and a 3 wood, this will also help you.

Good luck!

• baggins196874
    3 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2013 2:07 PM

I became amature in one day, just played a lot of stroke play games and challeges by courses and other people. play the closest to hole games to get your short game down. and I have a country club you are able to join. send me a request to Portland Players Club

RSS