Forums

Help › Forums

New Golfer

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 9 2013 4:28 PM (9 replies)
  • Living4Christ
    9 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 9:15 AM

I'm fairly new to WGT and have only played a couple rounds of golf.  I'm sitting at level 7 now.  I'm trying to learn a little more about how the game progresses and specifically when and how my distance will improve on my clubs.  Driving 225 yards is pretty rough.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 1:01 PM

Living4Christ:
    Can someone point me in the right direction?

Read the playing Tips over here -------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Then practice practice practice.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 7:02 PM

Do every single one of the tutorials

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2013 8:11 PM

welcome! 

please visit our tips section for high qualify guides. they will def shave strokes off your scores.

-wgticon

• THaydenL
    3 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2013 4:54 AM

Use the community.  There's a lot of fun to be had, and lessons to be shared, playing alternate shot games with others of similar (and better) abilities.  

Play to make pars for now.  Birdies will come later.

Invest early in slowing your meter down--good balls, better clubs.

And, as in golf, practice, practice, practice your short game.  That's where you'll save strokes.

Have fun!

• Living4Christ
    9 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2013 8:28 AM

Thanks everyone for all of the tips.  I'm sure I'll enjoy the game more.  One other question.  What is the benefit of friends in the game, and how do I go about attaining them?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2013 12:02 PM

You can enjoy the social aspect of the game. Instead of playing solo, you can invite friends on your list to multi-player games. Look at the player's profile page and send them a friend invite. Also joining a Country Club is a good place to build your list.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2013 12:24 PM

ZioMio:

Also joining a Country Club is a good place to build your list.

Absolutely.  You'll get lots of help and advice from fellow members.  Once you find a good, active club you'll wonder how you got along without one.

As an aside I know Bridgestone has a few vacancies right now.

• Living4Christ
    9 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2013 12:31 PM

Is there any benefit as far as XP when playing a multi-player round?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2013 4:28 PM

Yes, if you finish the round and playing CC tournaments earn more XP's than playing solo as well.

RSS