Forums

Help › Forums

Greetings

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 13 2013 2:00 AM (5 replies)
  • happytrol26
    10 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2013 3:01 PM

I am new here.........................came from TigerWoods PGA Online; which is shuting down first week of June. Need all the help I can get. I was mistermick26 at TWOL

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2013 4:12 PM

welcome aboard!

-wgticon

• inotagolfer
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2013 7:08 PM

I have been on the site since Sept and I really enjoy it. I am at level 80 and yet I am still at tour pro with an avg score of 67.91 and never move up. I have been accused of sandbagging but I want to become a master and better but I don't know how to go about it.

I play match games against better players and I even do stroke play to lower my score but nothing is working, CAN I GET SOME ADVICE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.............

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2013 8:53 PM

Welcome to a MUCH superior game. This game does take practice and is not easy so I would highly you recommend the putting and chipping tis under FAQ-------------------->

Also read the forums for a wealth of tips and information, especially how to keep your meter smooth and any questions just ask.

Above all, have fun

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2013 9:36 PM

inotagolfer:

I have been on the site since Sept and I really enjoy it. I am at level 80 and yet I am still at tour pro with an avg score of 67.91 and never move up. I have been accused of sandbagging but I want to become a master and better but I don't know how to go about it.

I play match games against better players and I even do stroke play to lower my score but nothing is working, CAN I GET SOME ADVICE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.............

Sure, you're nearly there. Your clubs are all different meter speeds so when you can I'd drop your Hybrid, get 3 evenly spaced wedges of the same type and swap your R9 driver for one with the meter speed of your 3 wood. That should help.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 2:00 AM

inotagolfer:
    CAN I GET SOME ADVICE

Well first off, it is refreshing to hear players wanting to tier up.

I agree with Ms Fish re your clubs but overall not too bad. Your real problem lies with your GIR and then your scrambling and putting. At 44% GIR then low scrambling.sand saves you will make a lot of bogeys, keeping your average high. This could be caused by the varying meter speeds but you really need to work hard on the short game.Try practice on the par three course and aim for the rough and sand and try all sorts of shots - see what works for you and take notes.

A decent putter that is more forgiving would help too but read the forums for tips on putting and chipping (plus under the FAQ- chipping and putting tips).

Also joining a CC that will help players would help - many CC's will help teach newer and lower tier players and give advice.

I also agree that a hybrid should be replaced with a third wedge, but ensure they are evenly spaced - ask the forums before upgrading is always a good idea.

If I am green hit me up for a game and we can run through the shots.

RSS