Forums

Help › Forums

Putting greens.

Tue, May 14 2013 5:09 PM (3 replies)
  • 691peter
    6 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 3:35 PM

So let me see if I have this blue 30'  goes 24'  red 15' goes 19' blue 15' goes 15'.  One out of three is correct.  Easy to get consistency.  NO?  now we get a little crazy. If u move the flag away from the hole you can pratice your putting.  Of course you must do it during play and rack up the strokes but who cares?  How else can you practice.  Now check these numbers blk 15' goes 9'  blk 15' goes 17'  blk 15' goes 22 ' 15' goes 19'.

I message all the time to fix this inconsixtencies.  Nothing ever changes.  Anyone got a solution.  I would expecially like to hear from the guy who makes the 100 yard putts.  I guess the best way to play is just do not putt.  Hole out from the fairway.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 3:58 PM

HUH?

What in the heck are you asking or stating?

Please clarify.

691peter:
    How else can you practice. 

Of course you can practice.; just go to practice mode instead of Ranked mode. The best part is...all those putts you are attempting to make won't cost you anything against your average.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 4:08 PM

There are a lot of very good posts regarding putting calculations - just do a search.

As a basic rule of thumb try + or -  elevation, divided by 0.9 slow greens 1.0 Standard 1.1 fast  1.2 v fast..etc up to 1.5 Champ greens and I add 1-2 etc. to ensure you get to the hole.

When you hit tournament speed greens adjustments need to be made for elevation changes.

The other thing is to note any elevation changes during the putt and just before or after the hole.

The green speeds are generally consistent within a range and improving putting takes practice. Use the par three course to practice and take notes - you will find they are consistent.

One other point always check your meter scale is set correctly for the putt - a common problem that a good pre shot routine will solve. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 5:09 PM

691peter:
    Now check these numbers blk 15' goes 9'  blk 15' goes 17'  blk 15' goes 22 ' 15' goes 19'.
    691peter:
    So let me see if I have this blue 30'  goes 24'  red 15' goes 19' blue 15' goes 15'

You do realize the the colors indicate slope right? Blue = uphill, Red = Downhill and Black is Flat.

Then there are different green speeds. Maybe a good idea to read and learn more before posting.

RSS