Help › Forums

(Intro) How RSilverleaf fared at Bethpage Black

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 15 2013 7:55 AM (1 replies)
  • RSilverleaf
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2013 6:50 AM

Greetings,

Sometimes, I feel that I overlook the simple satisfaction that a virtual online game can give me. In the past, I played ShotOnline and Golfstar but the truth however, is that the unrealistic scoring, the insane driving/iron distances and -25 or better scores led me to quitting both games..

I joined here in 2008, and really didn't play much. But needing something to get my daily golf fix, I started playing here regularly about a month ago. In the intervening weeks I've leveled up from amateur, to pro and then tour pro (joining a Country Club along the way) and really enjoyed the camaraderie (with a few guys I've met).

Naturally I purchased some upgraded equipment, and just this morning figured I'd better invest in a longer driver given my scoring average is getting better (67.60) and I might move up a tier soon. So the Taylor Made (lvl 48) driver was purchased and after a practice 18 at Kiawah, I went to play the second full round of our ALL PLAYERS WELCOME Country Club tournament, at Bethpage Black. I originally created this tourny for our club, and the 2nd round conditions weren't overly difficult: Fast Greens, Medium wind and medium pin positions.

After a solid front 9 of 31 under with 4 birds and 5 pars, I reached the back 9 where the magic really began. The 13th was certainly the high water mark, as I had 181 yards to reach the green in 2. The resulting shot left me with a 14 footer. Needless to say, I about jumped out of my chair when the eagle dropped. From there the nerves really kicked in, but when I signed the scorecard it suddenly dawned on me, I'd had one heck of a back 9.

I realize there are tons of great players on WGT (whom surely shoot this regularly), but needless to say I'm extremely pleased. So to finish I just wanted to share a screenshot of the magical back 9 scorecard and say thanks WGT for giving me something to virtually frame on my desktop.

Cheers

R.S.

P.S. I just hit Master level and the scoring average is 66.8 (I am so stoked!)

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2013 7:55 AM

Congratulations on the great round ! Its those rounds where it all goes right that make up for all the other ones lol. Nice to read something positive in the forum !

RSS