Forums

Help › Forums

Mulligans

Mon, May 27 2013 4:51 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BuckD214
    10 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2013 3:18 PM

I see lots of posts here about the need for a practice green and/or a driving range. As cool as that would be, I imagine that it would be a fairly complex undertaking & therefore probably isn't going to happen anytime soon. I understand that. However I don't understand why there can't be mulligans in practice mode. I mean, we already have the ability to save & replay shots from several different angles. I'm not a software designer, but it seems to me that it wouldn't take that much to make mulligans possible. That should be easier than the replays since it's just a repeat of the same rendering. The graphics are already there. I would think a little bit of code would do it. Or am I missing something?  C'mon Icon, you could make a TON of people who love WGT very happy.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2013 4:18 PM

+1

Been requested many many times and would benefit all players. Increased ball sales and possibly a small charge for it, everyone wins!

• Fraenkel
    2,252 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2013 4:28 PM

+2

Indeed.

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 2:32 AM

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 2:54 AM

The game obeys the Rules of Golf as much as possible. Mulligans are a breach of the Rules of Golf - one down.

The closest thing within the rules is an unplayable ball with stroke&distance. Alas, there are no playing options in this game.

Mulligan two down.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 3:17 AM

alosso:

The game obeys the Rules of Golf as much as possible. Mulligans are a breach of the Rules of Golf - one down.

The closest thing within the rules is an unplayable ball with stroke&distance. Alas, there are no playing options in this game.

Mulligan two down.

Agree to a point, but there are no rules in effect in a practice round, seen many Pros hit 2, 3, 4 shots in practice before a tourney.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 3:23 AM

+1

Still, any option here would probably cause a lot of programming effort and demands for more options (and a new source of flaws and glitches). Plus, apparently there's no advantage for the company.

• Crazy3
    107 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 4:15 AM

I think that the main reason why you will never see this option is that you would expect to play the identical shot - same wind, etc and with WGT's VEM that will never happen.

Same reason why we will never see a driving range - would expect same wind conditions for each shot - again, will never happen.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2013 4:40 AM

Crazy3:

I think that the main reason why you will never see this option is that you would expect to play the identical shot - same wind, etc and with WGT's VEM that will never happen.

Same reason why we will never see a driving range - would expect same wind conditions for each shot - again, will never happen.

Spot on.  You could never rely on the results.

• PAGES
RSS