Forums

Help › Forums

tier legend

Sat, Feb 1 2014 9:14 PM (30 replies)
  • sandriloune
    43 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:06 AM

what does it take to get a legend tier.. ?    I have 62 average for now almost 4 months.  I beat regulary legends with average below mine.. I dont undestand why i cannot have a legend status.

Thank you

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:18 AM

I see four match wins against Legends in three days alone.

From what I know each win of that kind should kick your average down by 0.7, unless they changed it recently.

OTOH, you have only about 20 ranked strokeplay rounds as a TM, maybe this is blocking it?

So many secrets in these procedures...

Play some strokeplay rounds and see what happens!

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:18 AM

There are two ways to get to Legend Tier. 

1.)  you have to have at least 50 ranked rounds and your average has to be at 61 or lower and you will become a Legend.  This is the best way to get to that goal.

2.) You can beat Legends in match play, or win in Ready Go's consistently and that will reduce your average (no one knows the formula for that) and you will become Legend.  There are lots of Legends that have reached that tier by going this route, but I wouldn't recommend it.  The reason why I wouldn't is because without gaining the true playing experience that you will gain from actually scoring and achieving the goal, it will come back to haunt you when you do get to the tips.  To each his own however.

After you get to Legend Tier, you will have to play 500 rounds before your average saturates and you stop going up in average when you have a bad round, and you will have them.  It can be incredibly frustrating playing and watching your average go up and there is nothing you can do about it because you are not "saturated".  But, once again, to each his own.  Just having the Legend Tier beside your name looks good but it won't feel good unless you can truly compete at that level.

This is a great game and it is one that is built on good stiff competition and a lot of fun.  My advice to you would be to shoot the scores, keep learning, and be fully prepared for Legend Tier when you do achieve it.  Whichever way you chose to go, I wish you luck and lots of fun with the game.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:45 AM

sandriloune:
    what does it take to get a legend tier.. ?

Ill trade you.  You can have my legend status for your TM and Ill tell you what I will even throw in my level 87(about halfway to 88) for your level 94.  I think it is a great deal.

What do you say WGT?

• Colema
    64 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 3:56 PM

I agree.  I wish I could go back to Tour Master.  With Legend status you have to play from the tips with the same equipment you currently have

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 4:55 PM

Out of curiosity Dude (or Dudette) why haven't you bought the L93 R1 that all of us want?

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 5:07 PM

phiber:
    After you get to Legend Tier, you will have to play 500 rounds before your average saturates and you stop going up in average when you have a bad round, and you will have them.

phiber:
    1.)  you have to have at least 50 ranked rounds and your average has to be at 61 or lower and you will become a Legend.  This is the best way to get to that goal.

I have 1 question to this, the 50 ranked is that total? Because i have seen a tourmaster with only 48 ranked and an ave close to 61. And the 500, its that total as well?

I had over 2000 ranked before i made legend, but that just my way, have take me time to learn this game, but i can handle my legendtier ok. Not the best and not the badest player. ;-)

Egon

• RKPayne
    213 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 5:26 PM

egonweber:

phiber:
    After you get to Legend Tier, you will have to play 500 rounds before your average saturates and you stop going up in average when you have a bad round, and you will have them.

phiber:

I have 1 question to this, the 50 ranked is that total? Because i have seen a tourmaster with only 48 ranked and an ave close to 61. And the 500, its that total as well?

I had over 2000 ranked before i made legend, but that just my way, have take me time to learn this game, but i can handle my legendtier ok. Not the best and not the badest player. ;-)

Egon

The 50 ranked rounds is 50 as Tour Master.  The 500 is 500 Ranked Rounds as Legend. Neither is the overall total, just the number required in that tier.

Cheers.....Fairways and Greens

Bob

• RKPayne
    213 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 5:27 PM

egonweber:

phiber:

phiber:

Egon

The 50 ranked rounds is 50 as Tour Master.  The 500 is 500 Ranked Rounds as Legend. Neither is the overall total, just the number required in that tier.

Cheers.....Fairways and Greens

Bob

• ttexas
    11 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 6:15 PM

how do you find out how many ranked runds you have at your current tier. I can see my totl numbr of ranked rounds but don't know how many ae at current tier.

RSS