Forums

Help › Forums

tier legend

Sat, Feb 1 2014 9:14 PM (30 replies)
  • alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 7:50 PM

ttexas:
    how do you find out how many ranked runds you have at your current tier.
    1) note the total number in the stats when you change tier, subtract from current no.

2) count rounds in your scoring history if you still find the change there
    (from this I can tell that your TM average is well saturated, at least 150 TM rounds)

3) for an unsaturated average, calculate from scores and average movement.

Edit: quote, typo

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:31 PM

this is day 70 for me...finally getting the putting down, broke 60 a couple of times this week, got the clubs I wanted and trying to dial them in, getting the last cleveland wedge I want at level 80, the high trajectory ping 3 wood at 81, and I.m done until level 93 so I can concentrate of improving my scores and enjoying the game...stop off at Merion and shoot a decent round for me having little experience there, I duck in behind a tree to relieve myself and one of these WGT thugs sneaks up and sucker punches me with Legend status, WTF!!!! I think he took my watch too!

OH well, starting all over again once more under clubbed.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 8:44 PM

fatdan:
    high trajectory ping 3 wood at 81

Many end up using the even higher trajectory R11 3 wood at L85...it stops better.  G20 very good but something for you to think about before spend more credits:)

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:03 AM

RKPayne:
    The 50 ranked rounds is 50 as Tour Master.  The 500 is 500 Ranked Rounds as Legend. Neither is the overall total, just the number required in that tier.

How can you say that, i cant type the username here on the 1 i mention, but i played against him in a stroke 9 on merion, he were lvl48 tourmaster and had been member for only a couple of months, could check his stat and count his ranked rounds from the very 1. as hack to his tourmastertier, 48 totally played, and the day he had played the 50.he get tier up to legend, so the 50 ranked as tourmaster dont fit in this specific users statistic. cause he only had 50 totally ranked rounds when he get the tip, a big problem for him, i guess, play with lowlevelclubs, there is a very long way to the best clubs!

I just checked his stat, joined in march, totally 40 ranked rounds, i have almost 2500 in my stat. Well 40 ranked rounds lvl 61 and legend with an avg on 62.25, how is that possible with only 40 rounds ranked + a bunch of scored matchgames? Doesnt cc-tournaments and wgt-tournaments count as ranked?? Well now i start rethink, he had 48 on tm when i played him and 40 now, what means he got reset to 0 in totally whe he got tier up. OMG so i've played almost 2500 from the tip since october. lol

Egon

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:29 AM

If WGT notice that a player is cheating the system they OCCASIONALLY tier them up early.

• harlo1
    10 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:38 AM

phiber:

There are two ways to get to Legend Tier. 

1.)  you have to have at least 50 ranked rounds and your average has to be at 61 or lower and you will become a Legend.  This is the best way to get to that goal.

2.) You can beat Legends in match play, or win in Ready Go's consistently and that will reduce your average (no one knows the formula for that) and you will become Legend.  There are lots of Legends that have reached that tier by going this route, but I wouldn't recommend it.  The reason why I wouldn't is because without gaining the true playing experience that you will gain from actually scoring and achieving the goal, it will come back to haunt you when you do get to the tips.  To each his own however.

After you get to Legend Tier, you will have to play 500 rounds before your average saturates and you stop going up in average when you have a bad round, and you will have them.  It can be incredibly frustrating playing and watching your average go up and there is nothing you can do about it because you are not "saturated".  But, once again, to each his own.  Just having the Legend Tier beside your name looks good but it won't feel good unless you can truly compete at that level.

This is a great game and it is one that is built on good stiff competition and a lot of fun.  My advice to you would be to shoot the scores, keep learning, and be fully prepared for Legend Tier when you do achieve it.  Whichever way you chose to go, I wish you luck and lots of fun with the game.

This is a great post, well said Phiber

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:58 AM

fatdan:
    OH well, starting all over again once more under clubbed.

Under clubbed? In what way are you under clubbed?

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 1:01 AM

egonweber:

RKPayne:
    The 50 ranked rounds is 50 as Tour Master.  The 500 is 500 Ranked Rounds as Legend. Neither is the overall total, just the number required in that tier.

How can you say that,

It's the basic way to do it, no stepping back from this.

Other, accelerating influences are

- match wins of a TM or lower against higher tiers,

- credit wins in tournaments.

I've once seen a Legend who had not played a single ranked round as a TM but many successful matches on KIA back 9!

• Colema
    64 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 5:13 PM

Stay where you are. 

• konradpgh
    9 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 11:27 PM

amen

RSS