Forums

Help › Forums

Suggestions for game changes to speed up play.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 11 2010 5:52 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:03 AM

Ideas for changes to the WGT game to reduce the time it takes to make a single shot and to reduce the total wall time of a game.  For both single player and multi-player games.  Here are my suggestions:

1. Concede putt/hole in match play. (Been suggested many times before, stated again for completeness.).

2. IRL, I can begin lining up my putt while my playing partners line up and putt their's.  Give us the ability to switch to view our putt(but not hit it), complete with grid and ability to aim, while our playing partner/ opponent is putting.  A huge time saver in multi-player IMO. This also applies to fairway and tee shots.

3. I don't need to see my scorecard and click Continue between every hole.  Give me the option to shut that off. Just go to the next tee.

4.  If I must see the scorecard between holes, and I'm in an unlimited play tournament or CTTH game, give us a restart button on the scorecard page.  And for unlimited play tournaments, give us a restart on the pull down menu so we don't need to go thru the game selection menu (via the End Round/Main Menu option)

5. Options to tell my caddy which wedge I'd like first, which shot (chip, pitch, flop) I'd like first, and which putting scale I'd like first.  He never seems to get it right, even though I've told him a thousand times, don't give me PW / Chip all the time! LOL

6. I'm primarily a reverse view aimer and putter, and I'm sure many others do as well.  How about an option to choose which view we see first?  Saves me a click and load reverse view on every putt.

7. Making fine adjustments to our aim using the keyboard arrows would allow us to better use the mini map or normal view for aiming and avoid the whoops, that 78yd shot on the aimer just became 427yds.

8. Until we can view our shot while our playing partner/opponent is hitting (#2 above) how about more info in the mini-map pop up?  Something like this:

9. It would help us more quickly calculate our 2nd shots, particularly par 5 lay-ups if the aiming box included distance to the pin as well as distance to the aiming marker.  Like this on BPB #4 with distance to pin shown in yellow:

10. Finally, both aggravating and time consuming, if we do time out in multi-player, don't make us start from scratch on our shot all over again!!

Naturally, as with any brainstorming activity, I gave no regard to implementation difficulty or cost.  Not that I would be able to estimate anywhere near the ballpark.

And rather than dictate "this is how it should be done" I chose to recommend using game setting options in most cases.

These are things that have been fermenting in the back of my mind for the last year.

Please add your ideas on changes to the game  to speed things up.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:05 AM

wow          add  what?     Excellent post  and suggestions, consice and to the point  cuddos to you!  

fill out an app   they may hire  ya,    not just  a funny!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:35 AM

How about just joining multiplayers through chat and the mini map. You would see everything in your game and their progress on the mini map while they play at the same time. The chat would be as it is now. Play would continue after each hole was completed by everybody. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 10:03 AM

YJ, If my opponent/playing partner never sees my shots, what would the have to laugh at?

Outside of that, your suggestion works for me.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 11:05 AM

andyson:

5. Options to tell my caddy which wedge I'd like first, which shot (chip, pitch, flop) I'd like first, and which putting scale I'd like first.  He never seems to get it right, even though I've told him a thousand times, don't give me PW / Chip all the time! LOL

just played BPB, hole 7, good drive w/17mph wind in my face, played down the left side w/17mph wind from 10 o'clock, left a 48 yard shot from the fairway.  had a brain fart and didn't check the club.  why would the caddy hand me a 105 yard wedge from 48 yards, needless to say, ball out of bounds, WGT will sell another ball and i'm going to fire my f****** caddy.   LOL LOL.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 12:03 PM

Some really great suggestions in the OP, #8 is something I would love to see changed.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 1:46 PM

Very nice suggestions and thank you for taking the time to put this together.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 2:47 PM

Niv, BB, wiz thank you for the kind words. 

haji, # 5 is not meant to act a "Beano" for brain flatulence. LOL  If you had specified a 90 yd wedge as your favorite, you still would have been 42yds long!   It gets worse as you get older.  Something for  all to look forward to.

WGTNiv, can you get around to updating the Player Suggestion List? ( I'd even promise to stop sending in reports for a month to free up some of your  time. LOL)

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 3:11 PM

We need clappy emoticons for suggestions like these, nice job.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:01 AM

Andy...Nice job sir!  The only suggestion I can add is to avoid playing with old farts like me...we use that full clock much too often...hehe...Harve

• PAGES
RSS