Forums

Help › Forums

Suggestions for game changes to speed up play.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 11 2010 5:52 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:42 AM

Thanks werk and Harve!

I was going to start an entirely new Old Farts game improvement list Harve. Dadgumit, I keep pulling the 6I when I want the 8I.  We need bigger typeface on them clubs and a bigger cup with a day-glo orange flag twice the size of the teeny one they got now so's we can see 'em.  And a pause button so we can shuffle off to the facility whenever.  More later, gotta go find my reading glasses again.

Andy

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 9:12 AM

Tom Watson has ruined any chance of "old fart" improvements to this game (Damn you Old Tom !)

I was hoping that if I proved my age, the Powers That Be might slow down the meter so that my arthritic wrists could cope - now, no chance.....

On a more serious note, now that we have the new layout for course selection, it would save a lot a keystrokes if we could set a Default course when we first log on.

I am trying to tame Oakmont (or at least regularly play to par) but have about 10 keyboard hits to get at Oakmont/single player/18 holes/ranked. One could always have the option to amend this of course.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 11:02 AM

Truly some well thought out improvements, Andyson...I love the suggestion that would allow us to line up our shot, while our opponent is shooting his/'hers.

Don't put your next suggestions off for another year, you have some good ideas!

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 9:19 AM

Great post Andy, I just happened across it now.  The only thing I can think of to add (or change) is a hot key (space bar, since my fingers are there anyways from the last zoom) to continue from the scorecard screen (if it has to stay).

Lee

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 9:44 AM

Thanks Lee!  I like the space bar hot key to continue idea.  Every second counts ya know! LOL

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 12:52 PM

werksux:

We need clappy emoticons for suggestions like these, nice job.

Like these?

or 

• bigdogbark
    10 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:29 PM

andy...son!!

right-on with your right-on!!

• mrjohno
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 5:52 PM

a 45 or 60 second shot clock option would be nice too.  playing with the 90 second clock and 3-4 players takes forever, i tried the new 30 sec clock today and it was too short on tough putts and chips. 

• PAGES
RSS